Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Connection issues

Hi so recently I have purchased a new package and from it came the new hub that they bring u nowadays. However recently I have noticed that some devices such as my Mac connect to the wifi however there isn’t an internet connection. I have restarted b...

High latency and packet loss

Hi, been having some high latency and packet loss for the past few weeks out of nowhere and its been alot worse since the national outage.https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/962e86bcbae26c2d0847af9cc514025c7e230c0b Time ...

Sandy92 by Joining in
  • 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

What does Virgin think a DMZis?

I had always thought that a DMZ was a place to put internet-facing systems which were at particular risk, like a web server. The rest of the network would be behind the firewall defence, whie the web server would be isolated in the DMZ. So that even ...

WiFi and Ethernet signal drop out

Hi, I have issues with the internet dropping out for wi-fi connected devices and Ethernet cabled screens too at regular intervals. I'd say screen wise, at least once an hour. For wi-fi connected devices, I'd suggest two or three times a day based on ...

Colin049 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connect app

Hello, I have the same issue. I have hub 3 and WI-FI pod. The app recognises the pod but not the hub. It keeps giving this error message : ‘conflicting settings’ network settings closing with each other and when I click continue it gives me 2 options...

Frequent disconnections - High POST RS Errors

Hi, Just recently received the new HUB 5 and upgraded from the HUB 4. I'm seeing frequent drop outs and disconnects.Upon looking at the network status tab on the HUB5, I see what my pre and post RS is through the roof on the majority of the channels....

monks600 by Tuning in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

DNS ISSUES

Hi All,As you all know by now there is a mass outage at Virgin Media,.My Team and I have found the issue to be with Virgin Media's DNS servers, if you manually configure your devices's DNS settings to 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1 you will use an alternative D...

Hub 5 not found

Had my hub 3 swapped for a hub 5 four days ago. Since swapping the wifi pod doesn’t work (constantly flashing white light) and the Virgin Connect app can’t find the hub. So now in a house with nine rooms I have wifi in one room. I have deleted the Ap...

Websafe

Evening,please can you show me how to disable websafe, unable to do it inside the router. can’t find on the app and just loops round. please advise