Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 59 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub5 connection timeout

I’m experiencing some connection timeout issues with the new Hub5 and spent hours on the phone virgin media support to no avail. I’ve failed to get technical call backs that I’ve been promised and just been handed over to the “gadget rescue” departme...

Resolved! Hub 5 refuses to turn wifi on.

I've been using the hub 5 in modem mode since we got it and today my router decided to pack up. So, I turned off modem mode and gave the hub 5 a reboot. When it was back up and running, I went into the hub 5's settings to sort out network names and s...

WiFi Pod connection

I have been given a WiFi Pod to try (from a friend, not Virgin), however I can't get it to connect to my Hub 3 via WiFi. If I connect it to the hub with an Ethernet cable then it connects fine and shows in the Virgin Connect app, but just won't conne...

Disconnecting devices

Continuing problems with my Wi-Fi connection dropping out. Every day I keep experiencing problems with all my devices losing connection to the hub. Found out if I stop the Wi-Fi on the device and reconnect to the hub the connection reappears? This is...

Constant Dropouts - Gig1 + Hub 5 Router

Hello all.I thought I would try here, since Virgin support is not forthcoming - I'm not getting anywhere over the phone, and the quality checker had me wait 24 hours before suggesting I try irrelevant troubleshooting steps (can you sense my frustrati...

SAT 29TH.JPG FRI 28TH.JPG THURS 27TH.JPG WED 26TH.JPG
James200 by Joining in
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

SIP/ALG problem Call Dropping

Hi, my daughter WFH on a call centre. We had to put our VM router into modem mode and use a TP Link router to allow call centre calls. Every now and again calls drop and has been dropping a lot this morning, the call will droppout and internet goes f...

taylorjus by On our wavelength
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dell Laptop can't see Hub5 ?

I have two older Lattitude latops. Working ok with Hub 3. When I got Hub4 I needed to jump through hoops to get them to connect, deleting all sorts of network and bluetooth drivers before installing a new (old) set of drivers, but got there. Both als...

derek765 by Dialled in
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hive Problems.. figured it out I

I thought I would post this it may help others.  Just had the 1gig service installed yesterday, got to say the installer was brand new and went the extra mile for me regarding hooking the connection up, mind you I seen him OK..all that aside.Tidied u...

Wi-Fi pod

Hi all, How can I order a Wi-Fi pod? Speed of 10Mbps stood outside of my office with no signal in it!TIA

Colinap by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos