Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 59 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Wifi Pods

Hi, I’ve recently tested my Wifi speed using the VM Connect app and have several rooms below 30Mbps download speed. I’ve  checked within the VM Connect app and My Virgin Media, but I can’t find anywhere where I can order a Wifi pod. Current package V...

Fourd12 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Both WiFi Pods Stopped Working at the same time last night.

I am on a 1gig Volt plan and have two Wifi Pods which have been fine for a few months since setting up. This morning I noticed both pods had flashing blue lights. I've tried restarting the Hub 5 and moving the pods to the same room but they will not ...

nlm58 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi constantly disconnecting

Hi there,I'm having trouble with my WiFi constantly disconnecting throughout the day and has been happening daily for months now, I have tried everything that the help page has told me to do and still nothing. And to make things worse I cannot get ho...

Jm1878 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Constant Flashing Green Light

Got up this morning and green light flashing on Hub 5. Have done all the normal things, reset, unplugged, pin hole reset multiple times. Engineer visit Friday but obviously no WiFi until then so it seems. Any other suggestions to try, TIA

2.4Ghz not working on hub 4

My hub 4 has no 2.4Ghz working. I've had this hub for a year now and it is only when trying to connect devices that only use 2.4Ghz I have realised it's not working. I am to believe it's a faulty hub as the router manager says 2.4Ghz is broadcasting ...