Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Received Hub 3 I didn’t order

I received a Hub 3 yesterday that I definitely did not order. No information on account about WHY i received it. My modem had just been updated in November when I was switched to a business plan. Have no idea why I got this or what I need to do with ...

Jemmicat by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! No wifi in some rooms and limited in others

Hiwhen I signed up over a Month ago I explained our useage and I was guaranteed Wi-Fi in every room with a particular package. To date we have no Wi-Fi in some rooms and limited in others. We can’t play the fire tv stick or browse uninterrupted on ou...

re. maintenance work in E17 tomorrow (6th June)

Last week I got an email to say that maintenance work would be done in my area tomorrow so no broadband but no details of time and specific areas affected. It gave me a link to try for further details but the link is broken. It just says 'Oops you ha...

katejo by Dialled in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

internet keeps going off

hi any suggestions i have I've a flashing green light on my hub,  and no broadband only just started last 3 days  normally its been faultless . its getting really annoying now as when in watching streams they keep going off. cheers

Resolved! TCP no-Flag attack

My TP-Link Omada is reporting these errors, I believe it is dropping the packets.These suddenly started on 27th May at 11:29:35.I now have 204 of these Alerts in my log files. I never had any before 27th May. They seem to have calmed down at first it...

solarjoe by Tuning in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help Unknown VPN Error on Netflix

Whenever I connect any device to VM Wifi and use Netflix it says I'm uisng a VPN, which I'm not as far as I can tell. When the same device connects to Netflix through mobile data, Netflix works fine.Can anyone advise how I can fix this problem?  

Really bad service from Virgin Broadband

Virgin broadband gave us the worst ever experience with a broadband provider. We work from home, and we switched to Virgin broadband in March 2023 (4 months ago) and are still waiting for the installation, which Virgin delays each time 2 days before ...

Jayhadi by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Amber light - no internet connectivity

Dear allneed some help. Got recently signed up to virgin media. Got hub. All connected by VM engineer. Amber light on hub. Can’t connect to wifi. Can find network but cannot connect. Any help appreciated as unfortunately virgin media call centre abou...

Re: How do I order the Wi-Fi pods?

My Hub is a Hub 3 and is upstairs in a back bedroom as that's where I want it but there is one room that's at the front of the house downstairs that gets hardly any wifi at all. I don't have a smartphone but a mate has and when he tried the connect a...