Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub 5 - flashing red or green

Hi there, I do want to preface and say I do have an engineer booked for tomorrow, but if there is anything I can do to fix it in the meantime then I'll do itI noticed on Friday evening my internet went a bit kaput, and woke up on Saturday to it still...

stator97 by Tuning in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help Issues ordering WiFi pods

Help, is the an email address I can use to order my first wifi pod, I have an intermittent black spot in one room , which happens to be my home work space. Tried using the connect app but it won’t load properly. I’ve recently upgrade my speeds and ac...

Virgin Hub 3.0 as a Wireless Bridge

Is it possible to use a hub 3.0 as a wireless bridge?I don't mean a cable wifi extender where you'd turn off DHCP on the hub 3.0 and ethernet cable it back to your main router.I mean wireless bridge ... hub 3.0 with DHCP off, connected wirelessly bac...

123chunk by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem ordering a WiFi Pod

Did the connect App test which said the connection was slow in 2 areas so followed the link to order a Pod, but theres no order form, It just wants me to sign up for broadband. So I did an online chat and was told that they had ordered one to be sent...

tonyrc by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi Speed Slow. Dynamic Range Violation

I upgraded to 1GB with a Hub 5 and occasionly I get 500mb, more usually it is less than 100Mb. I am continually rebooting (unplug and switch on again), resetting using button underneath hub or resetting through Admin page on PCThe Network log is full...

Tezbedz by Joining in
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 5 not showing as WIFI network on laptop

Hi, First ever post.Installed new Hub 5 just over a week ago (have been away) so only just got around to going on my laptop. The wifi network doesn’t appear when I search for it. I’ve followed some other posts (turn router off and on, press and hold ...

MarcAML by Tuning in
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 3.0 Connected but Access Denied

Longtime customer use the internet a lot for work. Today it went out I rang them, they refused to acknowledge a problem at their end... Despite now getting an access denied message. Something which wasn't present before... Really can't wait 7 days fo...

makopet by Tuning in
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ongoing broadband issues for 2 months

We have had some issues with our broadband connections for 2 months and are nowhere near a resolution.Our connection drops for a few minutes several times an hours which makes working from home and watching any films or series impossible. We have lit...

filmland by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos