Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub5 with M500

Hi there. I’ll try and keep as short and simple as possible. Took out M500 in Nov22. Contract stated ‘supplied with Hub5’It has been awful. Speeds and connections dropping continuously. This led me to look into it further. Discovered I was supplied w...

Rach7 by Tuning in
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outage in CM18 6BY

At Some point around midnight last night, wifi went down in my area, checked the service status and it confirmed a fault, which seemed to be fixed around 2.  It then crashed again sometime before 6, but at 7 I got a text saying the fault had been fix...

ajf33 by On our wavelength
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Booster Plug blown in socket

My booster plug (see image) has just blown in its electrical socket. It sparked and smoked.Its an official Virgin supplied product and I believe its charged for, or has been paid for via my account.Any idea how I can get these replaced please?

2E572780-9BE8-4A82-ADCE-36F0E872D5BC.jpeg
Tim_allen by On our wavelength
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot connect apps to hub5 2023

I have just received my hub 5any device that connects direct to virgin work fine so my Wi-Fi is working. The problem I have is I have 2 apps for light switches and plugs. All devices on these apps are showing off line and I cannot reconnect them. I h...

Dropped Pings to Router

Hello,While trying to diagnose an issue with packet loss I've noticed that if I continually ping my Superhub 5 (192.168.0.1), I get a lot of timeouts. I have 2 PC's, both directly wired in to the routers ports 1 & 2 through separate ethernet cables, ...

novo78 by Tuning in
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Red Light on Hub 3

Hi all,My Hub 3 has been displaying a red light for a week or two. I see this is supposed to be due to overheating, but it's not hot and hasn't moved for the same position for some years. I've blown cold air at it and stuck a thermometer by it to che...

MatW by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can’t connect to Wi-Fi, wired is ok

Just had a service outage, it’s all come back on but we can’t connect to the Wi-Fi. We can see it there but won’t connect. I have reset and also done the pin reset on the hub 5 and still no luck. 

JS08 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Issue with iPhones and Wifi

Let me first state I am a network engineer OK so the issue is simple once we get an into another area at home put iPhones keep losing connection to VM wifi back to 4/5G as we can get both.I am currently working upstairs and my personal and work lapto...

Hub 5 flashing green light continuously

I have had a new Hub 5 fitted for just 2 weeks now.  The l white light started flashing a few days ago, and today the wifi dropped as the light started flashing green.  Aware that this could be a software update, I left it for a few hours. It continu...

SandyH by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos