Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Virgin comment app issues

can anyone help. My connect app won’t show anything that’s connected and I’m unable to pause anything or run WiFi test.  Virgin say they’re are no issues but I keep getting these  please help it’s so frustrating I’ve reset download the app and the h...

IMG_0323.png IMG_0325.png

VM connect app hub 3

how do you get this VM connection app to work, done everything seen on this forum, after hrs of trying it just site there saying connecting to hub, then unable to connect.is there another app l can use to see my WIFI strength in other rooms, I live i...

joe19 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 4 Wi-Fi password

Have a Hub 4 that’s never been touched since installation approx 18months agoRecently when using the Wi-Fi (Apple devices) I get an error of Incorrect Password for VMxxxxxxxxthis is now becoming a pain as it’s happening every couple of days and the o...

m4rkje by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Complaints procedure

Does anyone know how to get a deadlock letter from vm. I can’t even manage to get a call from them. Surely there’s vm support for customers

Fibre Broadband Keeps Dropping The Connection

For the last week or so my Fibre Broadband has been dropping out several times a day, I've used the online checking facility but it was no help, in fact I just gives a sorry message partway through and the chat robot is useless. Does anyone know how ...

GordonF1 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need to order a WiFi Pod

Hi, I need to order a WiFi Pod urgently as we have dead spots in our house. I have tried connecting to the VM Connect app on more than 30 occasions, using various techniques advised on these forums, to no avail. It seems it's a known issue, with no r...

Unable to find hub

Just installed new hub 5. All online ok with good connection while next to it. I have some dead spots to want to use the app to check as per instructions but it says unable to find hub although I know it's connected fine?  

1000022847.jpg

Wifi pods

Hi. I signed up with virgin media TV, broadband etc.. on a black Friday deal,  in the deal it stated I would receive up to 3 wifi pods free.I have never received them and when the engineer came to install the service he told me I needed to contact VM...

Need engineer visit

My Hub4 is having connectivity issues as you’ll see in the graphs. Also when the hub is in modem mode I cannot connect a router to it through Ethernet as no internet is sent through any of the 4 ports. So hub4 Ethernet ports don’t work in modem mode ...

IMG_5194.png IMG_5193.png IMG_5192.png IMG_5191.png
IhateVM3 by On our wavelength
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos