cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant "no number calls" since moving to IP Telephone from landline (Home) (Resolved)

Chris_Myers
Superfast

My area has recently been migrated from landline to IP telephony which seems to work well with one exception.  My received calls report 10-20 daily calls from "no number".  There is no call made (no ringing) and no message left, just a report that "no number" called and a time.  OFCOM state it should be addressed to the provider and the Telephone preference service state they can do nothing with marketing or computer generated calls.  This did not happen until switched to IP telephony and has been daily since (coincidentally - I think not).  This appears to be a man-in-the-middle network attack and is therefore worrying (as well as filling my recent calls with rubbish).  Virgin media say they cannot see these calls, yet their system records it on my recent calls log. Anyone else having this problem or have a resolution?

[MOD EDIT: Please see post for an update ]

1,006 REPLIES 1,006

WOW. Really, Will give it a try when I can relieve my better half of the remote

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

Really? Last time you said this and to reboot the hub they kept coming back, what is the fix and is it a firmware update and what is the revision of this update for the hub 5 so I know it's downloaded and applied in the logs pleas.

As only last reboot we was told about didn't fix any issue other than give me a increase in the upload speed and was not fix for the ghost calls.

As much I want to be thrilled about this I just want some hard evidence of what exactly is fixed by a reboot, is it a network upgrade or a firmware update

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

Rebooting hub now, and also wiped the call log list, let's see as they was 9.gjodt calls showing before I cleared it's log even one at 68:48 

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

I didn't check software revision but one I am seeing after reboot is LG-RDK_4.6.24-2206.7 hardware is 1.1

done the reboot and now have an ethernet connection error so need to turn off everything and restart

TF1909
Dialled in

Keep us posted 🙏

Could you please expand on what the fix deployed was as I have rebooted and the firmware is exactly the same and probably have to wait an hour or two for the next silent call to register. Why can’t VM push out an email to everyone with an update or admit they can’t fix it and compensate everyone for the inconvenience or stop charging for a service that broken. Your customers are just being fobbed of with Bull****. 

1malcolmgeorge
Dialled in

I have restarted and everything seems to be performing as it should. I am not monitoring my "no number" calls permanently and my system does not record them but, touch wood, I have not noticed any since the reboot.

I attach a copy of an email from the VM Complaints Dept, who have contacted me several times in the past few weeks, I have again requested a list of telephone systems which do NOT have the problem, but am still waiting.

Good morning, Mr George.

I thought I would drop an email so you didn’t think I had forgotten about you.

We know the issue is still on going BUT I did find out some confirmed handsets that are completely incompatible with our HUB 5. These are as below:
• Gigaset C530A Trio Digital Cordless Answer machine
• BT8600 Advanced Call Blocker
• BT Decor 2600 v2
• Panasonic KX-TGJ424EB Digital Cordless Telephone with Nuisance Call Blocker and Answering Machine, Quad Dect

Asides from this, sadly, we are still waiting for them to find the resolution to get this issue resolved.

Hope you’re keeping well. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need anything at all.

Kind Regards,

Name removed

Customer Service Advisor | Customer Resolutions

will keep monitoring and posting any news

PRidgway
On our wavelength

That is the same software version as has been there for months.

I have rebooted, but am not holding my breath. Everything lists as the same on my hub5 so not expecting anything to have changed.

@Moderator - please confirm what change has been applied to ‘fix’ tge issue

1malcolmgeorge
Dialled in

2 Things.

1. The Customer complaints advisor did admit that it was a Virgin Media problem and not a telephone handset problem.

2. I have been sat at my desk for 3 hrs now and have not seen an incoming call signal 🤞