cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 - 'Missed' Calls

gap84
Up to speed

This is a strange one, so wondering if anyone else has observed something like this...

With the home phone plugged into the Hub 5, I am seeing frequent missed calls from 'No number' at a variety of times during the day.  But if I call 1471 I am getting call data older than this (which relate to 'real' calls), so seems like we are getting spurious missed call data to the phone from the Hub.

Has anyone else observed anything similar?

108 REPLIES 108

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @gap84

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having issues with calls to your landline.

We want to do our best to best understand and help. How long has this issue been ongoing? Are the calls at the same time everyday? Have you tried rebooting your landline device to see if the issue persists?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Akua!

The issue has been going on for a few weeks, and happens randomly throughout the day.  Have tried rebooting the Hub and the landline but no differences.

(I am in the Hub 5 / Pod trial so raised on that forum and I am running a different firmware on the Hub 5, but raising here in case this has been seen more widely with the Hub 5)

Thank you for letting me know. How long do the calls last? Do you ever pick up the calls? If so what can be heard on the line during the call?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

The call never actually causes the phone to ring, its almost like the phones are receiving a momentary call signal that causes them to record a call, but it never actually does anything, and there is no record on 1471 that it actually happened

Another user said that their 'missed call notification' on their phone was being set as well, when no call was actually received.

Thank you for clarifying this @gap84.

To further look into this, I have sent you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Hi we are also seeing this issue since installing hub 5 is there a resolution?

Hi there @Davesobratty, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue.
I ill investigate this matter for you and send you a private message.
Watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Thank you for chatting with us today.

Let us know how it goes with the appointment.
Keep us posted. 🙂

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Hi The engineer has been today and was unaware of the issue as not seen it before or what might be causing it, he did make a few calls to his team but could not find anyone that had seen this issue before, was told to ring telephony team but they did not seem to understand the issue the that the calls were being made by the hub to the home landline, so they just thought it was a nuisance call and said to block no numbers?? so did not get anywhere down that route. finally the engineer said to try a new hub and see if the problem persists, so he swapped the hub 5 for a new one, but a few hours later the same issue has started again. i have let the engineer know as he wanted me to keep him informed, he is going to make some further investigations, but if anyone on here knows what the issue is and how to solve please let me know. Thanks