cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant "no number calls" since moving to IP Telephone from landline (Home) (Resolved)

Chris_Myers
Superfast

My area has recently been migrated from landline to IP telephony which seems to work well with one exception.  My received calls report 10-20 daily calls from "no number".  There is no call made (no ringing) and no message left, just a report that "no number" called and a time.  OFCOM state it should be addressed to the provider and the Telephone preference service state they can do nothing with marketing or computer generated calls.  This did not happen until switched to IP telephony and has been daily since (coincidentally - I think not).  This appears to be a man-in-the-middle network attack and is therefore worrying (as well as filling my recent calls with rubbish).  Virgin media say they cannot see these calls, yet their system records it on my recent calls log. Anyone else having this problem or have a resolution?

[MOD EDIT: Please see post for an update ]

1,006 REPLIES 1,006

Also, no further communication from VM since my last update - promised call this weekend did not happen.

Hi Chris_Myers,

We’re testing a fix with a view to rolling it out in a future update.  It’s not a quick process and it’ll likely take a while, we're sorry for any delays.

Alex_Rm

What's strange about these "no number" calls is that when I looked on by BT8500 at 23:00 Tuesday night there were zero "no number" calls logged for Monday but when I looked on the call log this morning (Wednesday) there were 9 calls logged with Mondays date. Anyone else seen this?  Why the delay listing the calls?

Tues 18:18, 18:26, 20:06, 22:36.

Wed 03:36, 06:06, 08:36, 14:07, 14:43 

There it is again !. calls ending in the same time digit "6"

tomorrow i bet they end with a "7"  !

UPDATE:

I stand Corrected. Ramon, the manager from the Chief Execs office, left me a voicemail on 31st on my mobile - just now collected it.

There is (apparently) a long email trail between the IT Team and various partners. at this time they are trying new firmware which seems to work with some models (did not clarify models of what, but assume hub) but not others.  I am reliably informed a further update will be provided when there is something to say!  At least Ramon is keep to his word, taking ownership and keeping me informed - that's progress.

@Ilyas_Y wrote:

Hey there @Redwards86, thanks for the reply.

I have corrected this so that it is the Virgin Media account information being requested and not the mobile.
Unfortunately for each request there is a time frame, though it is not convenient, we cannot push this to be quicker, it will be 28 days from today.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

I'm afraid, you have missed the point here, Redwards86 made a valid DSAR to VM who failed to supply the correct information within the legally specified timeframe. Now you may well have corrected it so that a new request has been generated, and who knows, maybe VM will get it right this time and cough up the proper information, and yes this may well take a further 28 days and can't be expedited - this isn't the issue here. 

What is an issue is that VM have messed up (being generous) the original request, and as such ARE ABSOLUTELY in breech of the GDPR (UK) regulations and the ICO (were the OP to involve them) would probably want a quiet word with your senior management.

Perhaps we should ALL ask for a DSAR, then maybe someones ears will **bleep** up !.

Got my DSAR today (but still no deadlock letter) - although it said it would come from Kiteworks, it actually came from transfer@libertyglobal.com (at first I thought it to be Phishing scam).
Fairly complete and very poor reading from a customer service standpoint in terms of suitability of response and keeping the customer informed of progress.
Content received included:.
Virgin Media Account = Account details, Billing and Payment History, Cable Glossary, Call index, Conversation recordings (8 WAV files), Complaint History and Information, Contact History (Account notes), eMails (VM to Customer), Identity and contact info, Order History, Service Usage data, and Web Chat transcripts
Mobile account = Account details, Billing and Payment History, Contact History, eMails (VM to Customer), Identity and Contact info, Mobile Glossary, Order History, and Service Usage Data

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Chris_Myers,

Thank you for coming back to us about your ongoing complaint. I've contacted the manager in charge of your complaint to provide an update, but this will most likely be in the next coming work week, as we have limited staff in over the weekend. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina

More excuses, my no number problem started last October. All I have had is excuses and sadly lies. VM are negligent in there duty to there customers. They are excellent at taking our money!