cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant "no number calls" since moving to IP Telephone from landline (Home) (Resolved)

Chris_Myers
Superfast

My area has recently been migrated from landline to IP telephony which seems to work well with one exception.  My received calls report 10-20 daily calls from "no number".  There is no call made (no ringing) and no message left, just a report that "no number" called and a time.  OFCOM state it should be addressed to the provider and the Telephone preference service state they can do nothing with marketing or computer generated calls.  This did not happen until switched to IP telephony and has been daily since (coincidentally - I think not).  This appears to be a man-in-the-middle network attack and is therefore worrying (as well as filling my recent calls with rubbish).  Virgin media say they cannot see these calls, yet their system records it on my recent calls log. Anyone else having this problem or have a resolution?

[MOD EDIT: Please see post for an update ]

1,006 REPLIES 1,006

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

Asking me to try another handset unfortunately isn't an option he's just asked me to do the issue is with your system not my handset, as this happened when a ghost call used to come in would effect the time, then the ghost calls was eventually fixed and the time I pointed out then we need to check when clocks go forward of the time issue and here we are with the time difference issue

Chris_Myers
Superfast

anyone know if you can delete old notifications in the notification feed (you can with the messages)?

If so, how please.

Let me guess - servers based outside UK and set to local time?

[MOD EDIT: [REMOVED]

1malcolmgeorge
Dialled in

That was my thought when the clocks went forward in spring. Unfortunately not all nations change their clocks on the same date. WHERE ARE THE  VIRGIN MEDIA SERVERS BASED???

Chris_Myers
Superfast

my guess would be US-configured

1malcolmgeorge
Dialled in

👍

Crystalgazer
On our wavelength

All,

The comments on the time issue have moved across to the 'Wrong Time on Handset since moving to Digital Voice' thread. New comments start from page 8. I can't seem to do a link to it unfortunately.