cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant "no number calls" since moving to IP Telephone from landline (Home) (Resolved)

Chris_Myers
Superfast

My area has recently been migrated from landline to IP telephony which seems to work well with one exception.  My received calls report 10-20 daily calls from "no number".  There is no call made (no ringing) and no message left, just a report that "no number" called and a time.  OFCOM state it should be addressed to the provider and the Telephone preference service state they can do nothing with marketing or computer generated calls.  This did not happen until switched to IP telephony and has been daily since (coincidentally - I think not).  This appears to be a man-in-the-middle network attack and is therefore worrying (as well as filling my recent calls with rubbish).  Virgin media say they cannot see these calls, yet their system records it on my recent calls log. Anyone else having this problem or have a resolution?

[MOD EDIT: Please see post for an update ]

1,006 REPLIES 1,006

Have you any further update on this? Is it an individual or community issue guys?

Hey Chris_Myers, thank you for reaching out and are you having this problem to?

Did the advice above at all help? Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Not yet. Since the upgrade and reboot I’ve not had a recurrence (touch wood) but my system has been turned off for a month whilst I was abroad. Nothing since my return, and turning it all back on, on the 5th

Okay no worries at all please do keep us updated on the matter. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

Ok as I brought up the other issue about time difference their is still an issue with handset time on digital dect phones.

Clocks was altered and I altered the time on the BT digital handset to correct time, however when a incoming call comes in now the phone call changes the digital phones handset time to 1 hour in front 

I've tested it from my mobile phone to landline and indeed it changed it from what I set it to 11:15am to 12:15 so their is still an issue here.

Anyone else like to try your digital phones, look at the time see if it's showing correct time 

Please see my post as their is issue with clocks going back and what happens now your system changes the time back 1 hour showing incorrect time on digital handsets

My phone is also doing this. 

Chris_Myers
Superfast

yep, my phone is now showing 12:48 (when system is showing 11:49). I guess this didn't make it to the priority list!!

Hi @TAZMANUK thanks for getting back to us.

I can see that my colleague Zach has reached out to you.  I will therefore leave you in his very capable hands.

Regards

Lee_R

Nop and now asking if I have another system to try, wasn't a issue before and I predicted this after the ghost call issue was fixed to look out for this problem which we now have