cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a virtual technician?

nathanaelc
Joining in
  1. Can someone please explain what a virtual technician is? After spending last four hours waiting and rarely chatting on virgin app, I have been promised a virtual tech will call me within next four hours to resolve black screen on tv. 
    I’d much rather a real technician 
4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What's the black-screen issue you have - can you explain?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

thanks but reckon leaving Virgin is best.

too many issues and such little virgin response 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is primarily a user-community forum, where other experienced users will usually be the first to respond.

Worst case scenario is that your issue needs VM intervention and staff will wade in as necessary or where flagged by VIP users.

Taking this support when offered is very likely to be far less hassle than leaving VM and setting up with another provider, but it's your choice. Best case scenario is that someone else can offer suggestions that resolve the problem for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi there @nathanaelc 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you on the team. 

We are so sorry that you have been experiencing an issue with your TV, the virtual technician is an engineer who may be able to resolve the issue with you over the phone. They can run test and instruct you over the phone and mean that we can get someone to asses the situation sooner than waiting for an in person appointment. 

Can I ask how things are looking now? Did the engineer reach out?