cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Tv 360 boxes setup to work independently

coachdriverman
On our wavelength

Hi

I had 2 tivo boxes in the house both working independently for recording.

One of the boxes died and Virgin said they could not replace it with another tivo. I was therefore required to install TV 360 boxes or go elsewhere. I agreed expecting that the setup would be the same as with the Tivo setup.

I was wrong, I got a main box and a minibox.

ALL recordings went on the main box. This was unacceptable and Virgin probably got fed up with my emails and eventually sent a technician who installed a full box replacing the mini. However, all recordings STILL end up on my box. I do not want to see what my son records nor I suppose he wants my recordings.

All I want is the same setup I had with the Tivo boxes. Why is it so hard?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@coachdriverman wrote:

One of the boxes died and Virgin said they could not replace it with another tivo. I was therefore required to install TV 360 boxes or go elsewhere

This is partly true. TiVo & V6 remain fully supported for fault replacements, albeit TiVo's are now replaced with V6 as a matter of course.

What appears to have happened is that someone has taken it upon themselves to "encourage" you to migrate to the TV360 platform which is completely different to TiVo - and you've found some of the differences for yourself.

What you describe is how TV360 works, that can't be altered. You will need a VM staffer to intervene here, to establish how your migration to TV360 came about - it is 100% voluntary to do so and is NOT required in order to rectify a fault. If you've been told anything to the contrary, that should be cause for concern.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@coachdriverman wrote:

One of the boxes died and Virgin said they could not replace it with another tivo. I was therefore required to install TV 360 boxes or go elsewhere

This is partly true. TiVo & V6 remain fully supported for fault replacements, albeit TiVo's are now replaced with V6 as a matter of course.

What appears to have happened is that someone has taken it upon themselves to "encourage" you to migrate to the TV360 platform which is completely different to TiVo - and you've found some of the differences for yourself.

What you describe is how TV360 works, that can't be altered. You will need a VM staffer to intervene here, to establish how your migration to TV360 came about - it is 100% voluntary to do so and is NOT required in order to rectify a fault. If you've been told anything to the contrary, that should be cause for concern.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

coachdriverman
On our wavelength

Thanks for the info.

It looks as if I was conned by the "technician" who probably got a nice bonus out of it. He also sold me virgin wifi as it won't work without it. I was happy with my previous supplier.

Are there any VM Staffers out there who might comment on this.

Do I have a case for tearing the contract up on the grounds of deception?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In fairness, you would need VM broadband for a V6 to work. A TiVo comes with an inbuilt 'net connection, but - although the TiVo software on a V6 & the Horizon software on a TV360 differs - the hardware & connectivity requirements are identical.

VM staff tend to respond to posts on these fora after a day or so, although if you still have a legacy TiVo I would presume you are long outside your minimum term?

roy247
Superstar

Hi coachdriverman,

I have a 360 and a mini box but I believe the following works;

If you go to Saved > Recorded > See all > and click on the Recorded tab you will see a drop down with the following options:-

Recorded, Recorded on this Virgin TV box, Planned, and Planned for this Virgin TV box. - highlighting "Recorded on this Virgin TV box" will just show those programs recorded on that box.

You can make the 360 record programs on predetermined boxes.

When setting up a series link go to Advanced and select which box you want the recording to be made on. It will then be recorded on that box going forward, even if the default recording box is the other one. So all you need to do is reset your series links to record on the box you want them to.

Unfortunately to reset the links, you'll need to delete and reset. You can also use the same method to record individual programs rather than series.

Hi @coachdriverman 👋

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies for the issues that you have had with your TiVo boxes. I am afraid we no longer produce those boxes and their replacement/upgrades are the V6/360. The engineer would of done this as a requirement and would not of reaped any monetary gain from this. If you wish to discuss having 2 360 boxes for privacy with recordings as well as other subjects you raised, we would need to bring you in for a private message. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I generally avoid intervening with staff replies, but I'm going to make an exception here - sorry @Sabrina_B 

@Sabrina_B wrote:

Hi @coachdriverman👋

I am afraid we no longer produce those boxes and their replacement/upgrades are the V6/360

A replacement for a TiVo is indeed a V6, that's been the case since quite a while now. But to convert to TV360 would have required an active request from the tech - and not something that could have been done accidentally.