cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin V6 Box Faults

Lindsay_B81
On our wavelength

Moved my V6 box and wanted to give it a clear out with a full erase and factory reset and now I have nothing but issues.

Moved the box fine and then went to the settings and done the clear and reset.

It sat switching itself off and on with the welcome screen for over 3 hours and now I have all this with no tv.

WiFi is connect with 100% strength and no channels work with the box at all.

IMG_4159.JPG

IMG_4162.JPG

IMG_4163.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Superstar

Did you do this

@roy247 Unfortunately I did do what you posted in the link and im now having the issues.

You would think 6months down the line virgin would have managed to solve this issue and do some sort of update to get it sorted.

Im now 2 days without virgin TV and can't get an engineer until Sat 13th.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's unfortunate timing, but bank holiday weekends do tend to add lead-time to tech visits. You can try the following sequence that has worked for some users and may revive your V6..

Turn off the V6 at switch; then on the V6 box hold down both the power button and the +button at the same time. Then turn on the V6 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds. The box should reboot, the power button will turn blue, and it should reset and boot up normally

If not, I can only suggest downloading the TV Go app as a temporary measure to at least watch your subscribed channels via a compatible device - https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/download-the-virgin-tv-go-app 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lindsay_B81
On our wavelength

So I have tried all the "soft" and "hard" reset's I could find online and also what's suggested above and nothing works. It then gets stuck on the above "MESSAGE FOR PARENTS" screen with nothing.

I have spent hours on trying to fix this issue with no joy and once again going into its rebooting stages over and over again and then the white arrow and box on the TV like its downloading information.

I will await until my engineer arrives in 5 days time and see what happens ?

Like I say im shocked that VW know about a known issue and yet have done nothing about it 6 months down the line  in-terms of software updates or a full reboot of the system.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Lindsay_B81 

You might be able to reschedule your appointment and bring it forward if any other customers have cancelled their appointments by signing into /my-virgin-media  and scrolling down to Quick LInks > Orders & Appointments 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali