cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box broken

alittletreat
Tuning in

I have tried phoning and also used the app for fault finding which was sent to my mobile. This confirmed there was a fault and gave me the serial number of the box concerned. However the fault was unable to be fixed online and it just keeps repeating the same thing without giving me an option to arrange an engineers visit or anything else. Phone calls to Virgin Media just go through the same options procedure without being able to speak to anyone to get it fixed etc. Could someone from Virgin please read this and do something useful. It should not be this hard to get an engineer out or supply a replacement box!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @alittletreat 

The controller from the second box was need to be reset and then paired with the V6 box that is having problems, as it's still paired to the original TV.

You should try following the instructions on the following page with the current remote control for the box that isn't working correctly

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/how-to/guides/tv/pairing-the-remote/v6/start 

If that doesn't solve it then try the same with the remote control from your second box (you can always pair that one again to the second box)

In the meantime have you downloaded and tried using the TV Control app as a temporary remote?

There are links to download the app for ios and android systems on the following page :-

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/telly-hacks-2020 

See the following page for how to use the TV Contol app

/tv/how-to-use-virgin-tv-control-app 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What is the apparent fault you have with your V6? You've not said.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It's not displaying anything. Power is connected and disconnecting the power and then back on again has no effect. Remote has new batteries so its not that. It does not boot. Hope that makes sense.

I apologize for not getting this fault properly described. The V6 box concerned does display on the TV screen but the only way to change channel is with the up/down button on the box itself. The controller has new batteries but does not change anything when pressing the buttons. The IR may be faulty rather than the V6 box itself BUT I am no engineer. We have a second controller (have two V6 boxes) but using the second controller instead did not work either. That may be due to a pairing issue for the different V6 boxes. Again I am not qualified to say. I hope this additional corrected information will be helpful to someone. Thanks.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @alittletreat 

The controller from the second box was need to be reset and then paired with the V6 box that is having problems, as it's still paired to the original TV.

You should try following the instructions on the following page with the current remote control for the box that isn't working correctly

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/how-to/guides/tv/pairing-the-remote/v6/start 

If that doesn't solve it then try the same with the remote control from your second box (you can always pair that one again to the second box)

In the meantime have you downloaded and tried using the TV Control app as a temporary remote?

There are links to download the app for ios and android systems on the following page :-

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/telly-hacks-2020 

See the following page for how to use the TV Contol app

/tv/how-to-use-virgin-tv-control-app 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

alittletreat
Tuning in

Just to confirm that the fault was actually with the remote control rather than the box itself. VM sent me a replacement remote and all good. Thanks to those who responded on here.

Glad to hear this has been fixed any issues you need going forward do let us know 🙂

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?