cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete a series link

NinjaMeerkat
Fibre optic

I am trying to delete an series link, the link says its updating but it has been in the state for nearly a week.  I can not move the link within the series recordings list either, it moves but then goes back to its original position.  I have tried powering off the V6 but the link is still there.  Any pointers? I am reluctant to reset factory reset the V6 as I have over 30 series links set up and a lot of recordings.

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What link is this that says "it" is updating?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Its a series link and next to the link is says updating in brackets. Like when you move a series link higher or lower in the list.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So you're in the "Manage my series link" screen. This isn't an error I've seen before, but (in no particular order) things that I would try..

Make a change, any change, to the SL config - single-channel/multi-channel, record new/anything.. use whatever means necessary to make this change. Use the "manage my series links" screen, find the programme via "search & explore", find a planned recording.

Try doing the same, and/or deleting the link.. via the TV Control app.

Try cancelling the link via a planned recording or "Search & Explore"

Out of interest, what's the programme?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks for this, unfortunately I can't make any changes to the series link as when the link is selected nothing happens, there are no planned recordings. No difference when using the TV Control app.

The program is Sue Perkins Lost in Alaska and now i have another show behaving the same way,  The Real Manhunter.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Both those series should have VoD assets available - can you access the amendments screen that way?

Thanks, tried your suggestion and modified the series link and then tried to delete it but still no joy.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Drat! My last throw of the dice would be a software reboot rather than a mains reset as you've alluded to. I've seen a few funnies over the years that the latter didn't resolve.

The only reset you shouldn't use is the "clear & delete everything" option under Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart. The others, especially in this case "reset my TiVo", should be perfectly safe.

If that fails to clear this, and none of my "crowbar" suggestions work, I'm at a loss - and could only suggest corrupt data in the V6 somewhere.

OK thanks. Do you mean "Restart my Tivo" ?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@NinjaMeerkat wrote:

Do you mean "Restart my Tivo" ?

That's the one. The first option under the reset menu.

No danger in that, apart from interrupted recordings during the restart process.