cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv freezing

lucylockett21
Joining in

So basically I can't watch TV or play a recording without stopping starting and freezing. Sometimes the picture is distorted. This has been on-going for about two to three months. Virgin say that everything according to their records is fine.  I've checked cables and reset to no avail. 

Tonight which had been particularly bad,  after resetting tivo box the screen went green and said there was a serious DVR problem. 

Only once have I actually managed to speak to a human about this.

I now have no live... TV what a joke

The matter has now been brought to the attention of the Odbudsman.

4 REPLIES 4

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

I think your box is about to die, so you need a replacement. Try calling VM again, but do so at 8am.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To add a couple of bits..

The green "DVR has detected an error" message is indicative of hard drive failure, so you need a tech visit to replace your box

The Ombudsman will only accept an individual complaint if you've exhausted VM's complaints procedure by virtue of a deadlock letter or a case unresolved after 8weeks. It's not a replacement for fault reporting.

When a faults agent has told you everything is fine, the response from any paying customer should be along the lines of "well I'm telling you everything is not fine and I am reporting a fault. What are you going to do about it?" in a polite but firm manner.

I'd hope that by calling back you would get a different agent who would follow the correct process and book you a tech, but if not - post back and there may be alternative means of getting you the correct outcome.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @lucylockett21 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problems you've been having with your TV service 😔 As per the advice given by @japitts, have you now got a technician appointment booked-in to get this resolved?

Regards,
Daniel