cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon prime audio issues

gazoco
Joining in

Hi,

The audio when using Amazon prime via my virgin box is really distorted. Only this app and only in normal audio. 

If I turn on audio description the audio is fine. So it's only an issue in the non audio description option. 

I've tried resetting that box to no avail. 

Any suggestions for what I can do to fix it? 

7 REPLIES 7

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi gazoco,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with Amazon prime, is this still ongoing?

If you are still having the issues, are they with every programme that you watch on Amazon Prime? 

I can see that you have a V6 box, so please could you try to clear the boxes cache, doing the following steps

Home > Thumbs down > Thumbs up > Play > Play > Play 

I hope that this will resolve the issues but if it doesn't, please let us know and we can get this looked into further from here.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

gazoco
Joining in

Hi, seems to happen on anything I want to watch 

Blade/The continental/some other random clicks won't play - even the 40 second adverts are as distorted. 
Supernatural does play, some stuff I've never watched before will load.

I've tried different amazon profiles (we have 4) pretty much the same output

I'm unsure what you mean by the thumbs up/down option I have no button like that on my remote and the only time on screen that options shows is when I have a programme selected, if that's what you mean, I tried that to no avail. 

I've also reset the box and resigned back in to Amazon, it's like the audio is stuck on x5 or something, the video appears to play at a normal speed. 

ozsat
Superstar

f you post the title(s) of the asset with the issue - somebody can try on a different setup

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Hi @gazoco 

Thanks for the update on this, is this occurring on any other app or just solely Amazon? Do you have any soundbars or surround sound connected and how is it connected?

Hi, just the Amazon app. Disney, netflix, BBC, itvx are all fine. 

It's quite random issue. And it's only in the non audio descriptive setting. With audio description on it's fine. 

But I've no idea what the difference between supernatural and blade would be as two examples of one that works and one that doesn't. 

No sound bars or any additional audio connections. Just the TV output. 

Thanks for coming back to us @gazoco 

If you have not done so already, can you try fully rebooting the set top box and removing from power for 30seconds. Then reboot back up to see if any firmware updates will push through. 

If this has not worked, can you try seeing if changing the audio settings on the set top box works. If you have Dolby as the settings - try another available one like PCM and see if this works and is still ok on your other streaming apps. 

Keep us posted with how you get on. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley, thanks for the response,  been a way for a few days and everything was powered off. I've disconnected the ethernet just in case that was having an issue.

Blade now loads properly, but we loaded up Vikings to watch and the audio issue returned for both the amazon ads and show itself. Pretty sure I changed the audio settings to no avail but I can try again later today. 

Thanks, 

Gary