cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2V6 boxes, can I swap them round?

Andrew1811
Tuning in

I have 2 v6 boxes, main one in the living room and a second in a bedroom, the main box often fails to switch on so have to turn it off by the switch on the back and let it go through the start up again, I don’t want to reset as I don’t want to lose all the recordings in it, can I just swap the boxes over and move the bedroom one to the living room,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Andrew1811 

That shouldn't be a problem.   I suggest that you start making your recordings on the other box from now on, and try to watch the recordings that are already on the less healthy box before reporting it and getting it changed.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Andrew1811 

That shouldn't be a problem.   I suggest that you start making your recordings on the other box from now on, and try to watch the recordings that are already on the less healthy box before reporting it and getting it changed.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

SpacePhoenix
Fibre optic

Have you tried rebooting it by unplugging it from the mains socket for a few mins?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can also use multiroom streaming to watch recordings from either box, on either box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks