cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Wheel BBC1 series link still doesn’t work for me 18 months later.

Eddie98
Up to speed

I couldn’t reply to my old thread about this so apologies for giving this longstanding issue another go.

Neither of my 360 boxes will set up a series recording The Wheel on BBC1. If I select “Record Series” for this programme I get a message in the top right of the screen “! Sorry, we couldn’t do this for you. Please try again later.”

I’ve been trying to do this for 18 months with no success! It is the only programme which my 360 boxes will not let me do a series recording!

Happy for a VM rep to DM me to help resolve this. Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13

1701-e
Superfast

Can't solve the mystery but have you tried the BBC one variations in 861-4 range?

Eddie98
Up to speed

Good idea. Will give it a whirl.

Thanks - I tried your suggested and chose another regional BBC1 channel (861 BBC London) and the series link worked!

So, question for VM - do you know why my channel 101 (BBC Yorkshire) won't series record The Wheel but it *will* work on channel 861 (BBC1 London)?

Hey Eddie98, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

This could be down to BBC, BBC London is the main big one however with local areas they may limit what you can download and stream.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matthew. Thanks for replying. To be honest I’d be very surprised if your suggestion is true. The Wheel - a peak time Saturday night BBC1 show - is the only show I have ever had trouble setting up a series record for on the 360 (or any VM) box , regardless of channel. To be able to do it on the BBC London channel but not my own BBC1 region (101 - BBC1 Yorkshire) would be very unusual indeed. 

As a test, I have managed to successfully series link this programme on each of the alternative BBC1 channels available to me on  861-864 (London, Scotland, N. Ireland & Wales). Only on ch.101 (BBC Yorkshire) does the box refuse to set up a series link.

I know it’s not the most important thing in the world but it is baffling why it happens and VM don’t seem to have an answer.

Thanks for coming back to us Eddie98. this really is a strange issue. I can raise this with our second line faults team to have them investigate this further as there is nothing that we can do from here on the forums other than pass this on for further investigation. I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Hi Eddie98,

I have just set a series link of the Wheel with no problems, BBC North West I will see if it records

Have you tried using the advanced options when setting a recording and try using the all available episodes option incase your previous attempts have confused the box.

Thanks roy247. Just tried your suggestion, checked advanced options and checked it was on “all available episodes”. Still no luck 😞

Hi Eddie98,

I have just checked and The Wheel has successfully recorded and will play.

Have you tried doing a factory reset of the box using the keep recordings option.