cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer no show

trekker15b
Tuning in

Hello, 

Engineer didn't turn up for 1-6pm appointment today. We rang to check he was still coming given windy weather and was told he came at 1.30pm and waited outside our house for 30 minutes. I can prove this is not the case as we have a video doorbell which shows myself  going out at 1.34pm to empty the bin. I had an amazon delivery also this afternoon and that has been captured on camera. No-one from virgin media has been to my house today do either the engineer has lied or they went to the wrong address. I have already raised this as a complaint but given VM reputation for completely ignoring complaints, I have no confidence anyone will call me back. Engineer rescheduled for later this week - if no show then contract will be cancelled and we will have to move to Sky after 14 years. 

6 REPLIES 6

Cardiffman282
Super solver

You are due £30.49 https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat... 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @trekker15b 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forums. Apologies for the issues that you have had with one of our engineers. I can see tht you have made contact with our contact team, have you been able to get this resolved?

Let us know. 

Sabrina

Hi Sabrina, 

Thanks for replying. 

Unfortunately despite numerous attempts no-one from the complaints department (or a manager) has called. The technician is due at our house tomorrow afternoon. I hope he turns up......

I have video footage to send to the complaints department, if they are at all bothered. The one person I found to be very helpful works in your retentions department  who provided my contract end date and details on how to cancel. 

Thanks.

Hey @trekker15b,

Sorry to hear this, do let us know how that appointment went and if we can do anything further for you at all.

Joe 

Hi Joe,

The engineer did the job in the end. However noone has ever called me back about the complaint so it remains unresolved. Please can you contact your complaints department about this as I don't want to keep having to wait on the phone only to be given empty promises. 

Thanks

Paul

Thanks for coming back to is @trekker15b,

Let's take a closer look into the complaint and we'll seek to have this resolved for you

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

All the best,

David_Bn