cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't like the 360 box

davidaldred61
Tuning in

Hi, 

Just got the 360 box after my V6 box died after many years of great service. 

Does anybody agree that the 360 user interface, especially the channel guide is terrible?

I have asked for a V6 box back, they can keep the 360, just awaiting a reply on WhatsApp (if I'm still alive lol) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tavis75
Super solver

You're not alone, the 360 is a step down in many ways, however you are very unlikely to be able to swap back as VM are graudally going to migrate everyone over (the TiVo software on the V6 is developed by a third-party and software on the 360 is developed in house and used by Liberty Global companies around the world).

Some of the missing features are as follows; Wishlists (where you can set the box to record programs on certain subjects or featuring certain people), undelete, series link+, series link manager, suggestions, setting of series links for programs not in the current TV guide, ethernet control, keyboard support via USB, switching between tuners with constant buffering, skip-back on fast-forward, quickplay, default recording options, cancelling individual recordings from a series link, multi-channel series links, radio channels allowing recording of radio, separation of recordings between boxes, watching recordings when internet is not available and probably a few others I've forgotten.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Tavis75
Super solver

You're not alone, the 360 is a step down in many ways, however you are very unlikely to be able to swap back as VM are graudally going to migrate everyone over (the TiVo software on the V6 is developed by a third-party and software on the 360 is developed in house and used by Liberty Global companies around the world).

Some of the missing features are as follows; Wishlists (where you can set the box to record programs on certain subjects or featuring certain people), undelete, series link+, series link manager, suggestions, setting of series links for programs not in the current TV guide, ethernet control, keyboard support via USB, switching between tuners with constant buffering, skip-back on fast-forward, quickplay, default recording options, cancelling individual recordings from a series link, multi-channel series links, radio channels allowing recording of radio, separation of recordings between boxes, watching recordings when internet is not available and probably a few others I've forgotten.

Blimey, I hate it even more now. 

I also think the picture quality isn't quite as good as my old V6 box.

It's a poor state of affairs when supposedly upgrades are a step backwards, oh well, still waiting for my reply. 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@davidaldred61 wrote:

Hi, 

Just got the 360 box after my V6 box died after many years of great service. 

Does anybody agree that the 360 user interface, especially the channel guide is terrible?

I have asked for a V6 box back, they can keep the 360, just awaiting a reply on WhatsApp (if I'm still alive lol) 

At the moment, migration to the Horizon platform that runs V360 should still be voluntary. The likelihood is that the tech only had Humax V360 boxes in his van, so fobbed you off with it. The vast majority of Arris manufacture boxes (the only ones that can run TiVO firmware) that VM has are refurb units, as they are moving away from TiVO kit. Horizon can also be IP driven (TiVO cannot), & with VM moving away from cable broadcast type technology over the next few years, we will all be stuck with Horizon going forward.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Maybe there is still hope with a refurb unit, keeping my fingers crossed, still no reply yet 🙄

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The reply from nodrogd has nailed it, aside from adding one point.

As part of the tech converting you from TiVo-platform to Horizon-platform, certain account changes have been made. Those account changes are normally irreversible, given that migrations from TiVo/V6 > TV360 are completely voluntary.

Your issue will be in persuading VM that you were missold, or that the conversion was their error and not your buyers remorse.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

davidaldred61
Tuning in

I have just got the 360 after my V6 died. 

ddon't like the 360 and my wife said she won't use it. The user interface is terrible, especially the TV/channel guide.

It is like a downgrade as far as I am concerned. I have been on the phone for 4 hours this morning being passed from pillar to post to see if I can get a V6 box. 

I think the answer is no so I asked about cancelling my contract because it's not our fault the user interface is rubbish, I was told I would have to pay the rest of my contract up to cancel. 

I think I an stuck with the 360 until October then I will probably cancel my full contract and go elsewhere, customer service are a joke. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Calling CS and asking them to revert a migration from TiVo/V6 > TV360 is an exercise in futility, especially if you got passed offshore. The only surprise is that you had 4 hours worth of patience.

Equally the choice of TV box software has no bearing on your minimum term contract, T&Cs cover all of this. The UI also comes down to personal preference.

Your best bet is to pursue the complaints line if you are confident the tech misled you into converting or you were missold in any way. VM's high-level strategy is to migrate from TiVo/V6 > TV360, and both their processes & sales machine are geared to this end - so you'll need to be persistent and clear as to your approach.

In all the years I've been posting on this forum, I know of 2 cases where - if the public post is to be believed - a reversion has been possible. One of those involved a dementia/elderly customer who had medical issues and was missold a conversion - to give you a flavour that calling VM and "asking nicely" is unlikely to get you anywhere fast.

davidaldred61
Tuning in

Does anybody know if there is a way of speaking to the local VM engineering people? I want to ask if they have any reconditioned V6 boxes because we don't like the 360 box which we had fitted when our V6 died. Tried on line chat etc but getting nowhere and when I queried cancelling my contract due to the 360 box I was told it will cost me 350 quid to cancel. 

As said earlier it is extremely unlikely that Virgin Media will transfer you back to a V6 box for once you have transferred to a 360 Box there is no way back.

If you can prove that you were missold/misled into accepting the 360 box, then you may have an outside chance of transferring back but I very much doubt that you will be able to.