cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps continually being logged out

ronnie_turner1
Tuning in

My parents (in their 80's and not tech savvy) are having issues daily with apps such as iPlayer, ITVx, My 5 and All 4 being logged out continually.

When trying to access again they are being asked to scan QR codes or go online to log in again. The system is not set up to help them. Quite often it means me travelling 30 miles each time they need back in to their apps.

Is there any way to resolve this issue of apps logging out daily?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Superstar

Make sure that the box is always left in standby and not switched off at the plug when they go to bed, also set the box to fast start or active start to cover all bases.

If it still does it after that the box may need replacing, I have seen other posts saying they have had the box replaced for this.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

roy247
Superstar

Make sure that the box is always left in standby and not switched off at the plug when they go to bed, also set the box to fast start or active start to cover all bases.

If it still does it after that the box may need replacing, I have seen other posts saying they have had the box replaced for this.

ozsat
Superstar

he other thing to do is ensure they are just exiting the apps using the TV/Home button and not selecting 'Sign Out' in the menus to leave them.

It is not a problem I have or my elderly mother - so if they are not selecting 'Sign Out' it may be a box issue.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

jamesredfern
Superfast

I had this issue about 18 Months ago.

It started with apps logging out.  Then the icons missing from the EPG, then hard drive error over the space of a month or so.  Had the box replaced.  

ronnie_turner1
Tuning in

Thanks for replies. Sounds like a new box is needed. Not doing anything that would cause this to happen. 

tarsins
On our wavelength

Not necessarily a solution for you but my father used to religiously unplug everything from the wall every night before going to bed (except the fridge which for some reason he trusted) and that meant I often had to go there and set things up again

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ronnie_turner1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 👋

I am sorry your parents are having issues with the apps on their box, have they had a new box sent out or an engineer round? 
Thanks,

Zoie

Hi Zoie. No not yet. Can we arrange for that to happen please?

No worries, I will send you a PM to see what we can do. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Glad we have managed to get the balling rolling on this for you.

Please do keep us updated. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?