cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL51. When is fibre landline scheduled?

Eff
Joining in

Having had no landline since Wednesday, contacting customer services in India and being told it was a fault and they would book an engineer visit. Checked on my virgin app, no appointments. Phoned again today, Filipines today, excellent service, to be told I have been switched to fibre phone line, and an adapter would be sent out... obviously due to Christmas the earliest I can hope to get it is next Wednesday.  I have not had a text/email from Virgin about the switchover dates. It's really not good enough.

6 REPLIES 6

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Eff 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Very sorry to hear of this. 

When the migration goes through, we automatically send an adapter three weeks or more before the changeover date. I am sorry you didn't receive yours but glad to hear we've ordered you one.

Hopefully it arrives at the earliest time for you.

Let us know how you get on with connecting it via the router.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

robjon
On our wavelength

Consider yourself lucky Eff. I was switched over 16th Oct. and haven`t had a telephony service since. Despite numerous visits from engineers the problem still exists. Best of luck with yours

To add insult to injury, I still have no phone line, the adapter was never sent,  only an extension. I've just phoned customer services to be told that Virgin are not issuing adapters!!!!! But a technician will visit tomorrow.... what's happening with my phone service..I despair!

Hi Eff

Sorry to hear you never received an adapter - the engineer will have some spare in their van which they can fit for you. 

Let us know how the visit goes and if you need any further help from there.

Beth

Let's hope so, but I'm not holding my breath 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I’ve recently seen a post by a VM staff member saying that the switch over has been paused. Trying to find out more details.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2