cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Calling

Doug8034
Joining in

Hi, can someone tell me a list of phones that work with VM WiFi calling as the signal inside my house is terrible - was hoping my Moto phione would work but no option in settings. I did see a list somewhere that showed the list but cant find it again. Any help appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello, I was commenting on the opening post about my experience, sorry for the confusion.

I have tried various networks at home. We use a Draytek 2865 router, connect to the 2.4 GHz wifi and have problems, turn that off and then connect to the 5 GHz wifi network and have problems, then swap the router back to the BT Homehub, nothing changes.

There really is no need to "take it from there" as I am porting out tomorrow unless it will help another customer with this issue. WiFi calling is working fine with another suppliers sim card, just not got my number on it yet. But thank you for trying to help.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

28 REPLIES 28

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Doug8034

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the signal issue.

We do not have a full list of the phones but most newer phones would support this, iPhones and Samsungs etc. If you find a device you like and check the device features this will show you here if its available.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The grief I have had with Virgin's WiFi calling is crazy. I only joined last week on the 1 month at a time contract but I am porting out tomorrow.

I kept having the WiFi Calling icon appear and disappear, 3 calls to customer services and numerous various resets plus trying the sim in a different handset made no difference, I kept having the "Refreshing Sim Data" appear. When it refreshes the WiFi Calling icon disappeared, the next refresh it reappeared..

All customer services kept saying yesterday was you need to turn wifi calling on, really.

Samsung S21, Android 13. No signal whatsoever today but worked perectly well previously with a different provider.

1 - Copy.jpg2 - Copy.jpg3 - Copy.jpg4 - Copy.jpg

Hi @ashmj thanks for your reply and screenshots. 

I know you've mentioned the phone is an Android and Moto phone, but can you kindly confirm the exact model please so we can triple check this for you?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Actually, I said that it was a Samsung S21, Android 13, exact model SM-G991B/DS

Hi @ashmj, thanks for your reply.

Apologies - I had misunderstood that as you referred to a Moto in your original post, but then an S21 in your latest post so just tried to get some clarity here, but glad we have this now for you.

Out of curiosity, does this still happen when you're connected to any other WiFi or just your home network?

if you can please try another WiFi network and let us know, we can take it from there.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hello, I was commenting on the opening post about my experience, sorry for the confusion.

I have tried various networks at home. We use a Draytek 2865 router, connect to the 2.4 GHz wifi and have problems, turn that off and then connect to the 5 GHz wifi network and have problems, then swap the router back to the BT Homehub, nothing changes.

There really is no need to "take it from there" as I am porting out tomorrow unless it will help another customer with this issue. WiFi calling is working fine with another suppliers sim card, just not got my number on it yet. But thank you for trying to help.

Hi there, thanks everyone for replies to question on wifi calling.  Got a list from Virgin which shows all phones that they say work with the wifi calling feature.  Their device list updated - May 2022 - as you can see no Motorola phones supported..

IPhone

6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, X, XS, XS Max, XR, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, 12 Mini, 12, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max, 13 Mini, 13, 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max, SE, SE2, SE3

Samsung

A03s, A6, A7, A10, A12, A13 4G, A40, A20E, A20S, A21s, A22, A32, A33 5G, A41, A42 5G, A50, A51, A51 5G, A52, A52 5G, A52s 5G, A53 5G, A70, A71, A72, A80, A90 5G
J6, J6+, M11, M12, M22, M30S, M31, M32, M51, M52 5G, Note 9, Note 10, Note 10+, Note 10+ 5G, Note 10 Lite, Note 20, Note 20 Ultra
S10, S10+, S10e, S10 Lite, S20, S20+, S20 Ultra 5G, S20 FE, S21, S21+, S21 Ultra, S21 FE 5G, S22, S22+, S22 Ultra
Z Flip, Z Flip 2 5G, Z Flip 3 5G, Z Fold 5G, Z Fold 2 5G, Z Fold 3 5G, XCover 4S, XCover 5

Sony

Xperia 10 III, Xperia 10 IV, Xperia 1 III, Xperia 5 III

Oppo

A16s, A53, A54 5G, Find X3 Lite, Find X3 Neo, Find X3 Pro, Find X5 Lite, Find X5, Find X5 Pro, Reno4 Pro

Xiaomi

Xiaomi Redmi Note 10

Huawei

Mate 40 Pro, P30 Lite, P30, P30 Pro, P40, P40 Pro, P40 Pro+, P40 Lite, Nova 7i
P Smart 2019, P Smart 2021

Vivo

Vivo Y52s

Hey Doug8034, thank you for reaching out with this list.

Just to add the latest Apple devices the 14 range also support WIFI calling. Thanks

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi there, some Motorola phones also have wifi calling function but as far as VM is concerned if the phone is not on the list (and also talking to them) then it is not recommende, ie, a hit or a miss about working with wifi calling.