cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Mobile not Receiving Calls, Texts or Voicemail

Marshally
On our wavelength

My Samsung S6 has stopped receiving Calls (they go straight to voicemail) and Texts and I'm not notified about any voicemails that have been left. But I can still make calls and texts.

I did an online text "Chat" with someone from Virgin technical support yesterday but the problem was not resolved.

The only change that I've made, was going away to a different town in the UK for a few days, the problems started on my return.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I am sorry to hear this, I am going to send you a PM so we can look into this.

Please look out for my messages in your inbox. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Marshally, thank you for reaching out and I am so sorry to hear this.

If this has only happened since going to a new town, have you checked the service status at all to see if there is any outages / issues in the area? 

There also could be an issue in the area where you live also.

Please let us know. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt, thank you for the reply.

I've checked the service status and it is not reporting any problems. My partner has a Virgin mobile and is not experiencing the same problems as me at the same address.

The problem started after I returned to Cambridge from a few days in Derby.

I am sorry to hear this, I am going to send you a PM so we can look into this.

Please look out for my messages in your inbox. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Marshally
On our wavelength

Problem is resolved.

I got through to Virgin tech support, the 2nd rep who tested everything thoroughly issued me with a new SIM card.

That was Monday 3rd July, the new SIM card arrived today Weds 5th July. As soon as I texted READY to 789678, I got a text through, that was before I even put the new SIM in.

After changing the SIM and restarting I got most of my missed texts through and a notification of my voicemails all of which seemed to be there.

So that was 5 days without incoming calls, texts or voicemail notifications, pretty disappointing.

Hi Marshally 👋

Thank you for returning to the thread to keep us updated! Glad to hear things are now resolved for you. 

Sincerest apologies for your experience in the process. If you still need any further support, or would like to raise a complaint as a result of what has happened please do pop my colleague Matt another reply via your PM conversation and they can continue to offer help with this! 

Let us know if there is anything else outstanding you need our support with! Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly