cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If Virgin mobile uses O2's network...

parajack
Dialled in

...and O2 share masts with Vodafone, then why since changing to Virgin mobile can I no longer get a signal in work when it used to be fine with Vodafone?

Not to mention I keep getting 'you have no credit to make this call' (which is sorted by turning off/on my phone) and also lots of messages either fail to send or get sent as sms and not iMessages! 

(Same mobile phone being used)

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello parajack, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the community. 

We are very sorry for any issues you are experiencing with your mobile service. 

To confirm, have you had a Virgin Mobile SIM that has recently migrated over to O2?

Thanks, 

Nat

No, still with Virgin mobile, the top left of screen shows Virgin.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you. 

To confirm, are all of the problems that you are experiencing happening when you are in the same location?

Nat

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Mast shares are only in some places, and even then it is different equipment and set up. The two will not necessarily have the same coverage and capacity 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

No signal in work when I used to get one is in the same location. As for the 'you have no credit to make this call' that's random times, days and places.

Yeah it seems that way, oh well it's only a 30 day contract, back to Vodafone it is then 🙂

Thanks for coming back to us parajack. Are the issues that you're having just at work or do they happen elsewhere?

Have you spoken with the team at all to look into the credit messages that you're randomly getting?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

As previously said 'No signal in work when I used to get one is in the same location with the same phone'.

As for the 'you have no credit to make this call' that's random times, days and places i did call the CS and they just told me to take the sim out, they then took the last 3 digits of the sim. Then told me if it happens again just restart the phone and that will sort it! Which it does, but that's a pain to be doing all the time. I'll give it a month and if it's still the same I'll be moving on.