cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo box lights flashing

wishi
Superfast

Hi

I was watching a channel when it froze. I put the Tivo box into standby and it tried to reset, but it took its sweet time, so I tried to reset at the back. It went into startup mode, did nothing, then the lights on the front began to flash. It's being doing that for about fifteen minutes. I know there's a TV issue in my area (BS16) but I don't know if it's related or the Tivo box is a dead duck.

Any ideas?!

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does your TV show the TiVo's boot cycle of "Welcome", "Starting up"?

That sequence is entirely within the box's control and if it's not completing, the TiVo is faulty. Any area fault would only be a potential issue once the boot cycle has completed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

'Does your TV show the TiVo's boot cycle of "Welcome", "Starting up"?'

Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes, it does. We did a status check online and it came back with 'We have to reset your hub'. We did that and the same problem occurred, so we have an engineer coming on 1 April (it would be!😂) to have a look at it. At least we have the usual channels along with Netflix and Amazon on our Roku to be going on with, but of course we can't watch any of our recorded programmes 🙄. The fault in our area is to do with ITV+1 not formatting properly, but I can't see how that would affect our box. My friend has Virgin and her TiVo is OK. Just an annoying coincidence, I suppose

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your fault has nothing to do with the area issue.

A decent CS agent should be able to recognise this and potentially override the CS systems which are designed to prevent techs being booked against recognised faults. This theory doesn't always work, but it's worth calling back and speaking to someone else - to try.

If you have a tech booked, keep an eye out for earlier cancellations

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi wishi

Thank you for your post, sorry to hear you've had an issue with your TV box over the past week or so. This does sound like an issue with the TV box itself rather than related to the external outage. The engineer should replace the box for you if required.

Let us know how the visit goes today and if you need any further help.

Beth

Hi Beth

Thank you, yes. Sam replaced the box for us, it was kaput. We lost some of our recordings, but we've scrambled some back again.