cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green screen issue

hbkjohnhill
On our wavelength

Hi again,

I have an old-school TiVo box which has been working pretty well for me for many years, however on waking up this morning, I noticed some blue and yellow flashing lights and a green screen with the following message:

IMG_8198.jpeg
The account holder called customer support who directed me to the service status page, where I attempted to fix this issue. All it got me was the following image:

IMG_4635.jpeg
Can anyone give me any advice on where to go from here?

Kind regards and TIA,

John

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This green "DVR has detected an error" screen means your TiVo's hard drive has failed, even in the rare event it recovers, a subsequent failure will only be a matter of time.

You need to report your fault to VM, who should replace it via tech visit with a V6. That runs the same TiVo-software but on a much newer & quicker box with more recording tuners - providing you have VM home broadband.

The usual fault reporting routes apply - either call in, or wait on this forum if you don't mind an extra couple of days for response.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the reply japitts

I had a live chat earlier today with someone and have arrange a tech call-out on Tuesday. It’ll be interesting what happens because I already have a V6 in the house, but I still have the original TiVo, so I’m intrigued to see the result.

Thanks again

John

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi John 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome back to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've had some problems with your TiVo box. We're glad to hear you've been able to speak with our team and book a visit. Please do let us know how the visit goes and we'll be happy to assist further, if needed.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece,

Due to the TiVo being obsolete, I was given a V6 box, which is better than even I expected.

Thanks again Virgin

John

Hi John, 

Thanks for coming back to us in the Community to update us on how the visit went. 

We're glad the engineer was able to help get things sorted and arranged for a replacement V6 for you instead. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs