cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No TV

Chris117
Joining in

Hi, the TV has not worked since the 19/10/23. I know there is a fault and they sat there technician is working to rectify it as soon as is possible. Now its 29/10/23 ! I hope we will get some sort of compensation ?

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Which set top box do you have and what is the actual fault including any error messages and codes?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Tivo, and I know there is a fault. The box doesn't boot up at all. They have reported the fault on the website, I just think it is taking a long time to rectify.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

TV boxes that won't boot up are very rarely caused by an area fault, and muchless reported on the website.

Can you screenshot the fault you're seeing on the website?

If your TiVo is stuck in the reboot loop, I'd recommend reporting that again. The correct outcome should be either a tech visit, or a box-swap to a V6 if you have VM broadband.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Chris117 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing trouble with your TiVo box. As mentioned by japitts, a TV box that doesn't boot up, or is stuck in a loop is usually an indication of the box itself and not an area fault.

I'm going to send you a private message, so we can look into this further and assist. Please look out for my message in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Service Status give this :

tv 01.png

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm getting the exact same error on my status page, as are many others judging by recent posts on here.

"Getting an error message" is a totally different issue to "my box won't boot up"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I don't get as far as an error message, just the Welcome screen and Starting up, it then goes around and around.

Hi Chris117

It does sound like this issue is completely different - for the starting up loop, we may need to replace the TV box.

I've dropped you a private message so I can take your details and help you with this.

Thanks,

Beth

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Chris117

Thanks for letting me know the issue has been sorted with a TV box replacement.

Give us a shout if you need anything else!

Beth