cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a new TV box and router

redtab67
Joining in

My TV box and router are both really old. I can't use WiFi as it's so unreliable and am having to constantly reboot them both but still they are always crashing or going so slow everything times out. How do I get new equipment please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The legacy TiVo box, if that's what you have, doesn't have WiFi but uses its own inbuilt internet connection. Having said that, it's now 14+ years old and faulty ones are replaced with V6 as a matter of course. These run the same stable TiVo software but on a much newer box that's far more capable.

A rebooting TiVo sounds very much like a fault to me.

Incidentally, be very aware that VM might want to sell you a conversion to the newer TV360 platform, it's very different to - and is fundamentally not - TiVo. It has pros & cons, but don't accept any offer without full awareness of the differences.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The legacy TiVo box, if that's what you have, doesn't have WiFi but uses its own inbuilt internet connection. Having said that, it's now 14+ years old and faulty ones are replaced with V6 as a matter of course. These run the same stable TiVo software but on a much newer box that's far more capable.

A rebooting TiVo sounds very much like a fault to me.

Incidentally, be very aware that VM might want to sell you a conversion to the newer TV360 platform, it's very different to - and is fundamentally not - TiVo. It has pros & cons, but don't accept any offer without full awareness of the differences.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Harlpop
On our wavelength

Hi red tab67 

I was experiencing  the same problems and after being  ignored , They eventually sent an engineer out , he fixed it straight away by replacing the box  .....why do they expect us to keep doing the turn of box , re-boot the router , re-connecting the wifi , joining  virgin media services  all the time , like I told them by the time I do all that , its time for bed lol 

Hi, how did you contact them, I still can't figure out how to speak to them.

Harlpop
On our wavelength

I eventually got through to them by testing my connection online in My Virgin media  , ran the test and the result was , they need to send a engineer  and it gave me the option  to book an appointment  there and then  , hint ! it might be worth un - plugging your Tivo  box and running the test again , if you don't get this option on your first attempt 😉 

Hi @redtab67 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forums. Apologies for the delay in responding, we can certainly assist you. We would need to bring you into a private message. Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina