cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t turn box ion with iPad app only with remote control

shamick59
Dialled in

My TiVo box takes ages to switch on via my remote and won’t come off standby at all if I try to watch recorded shows on my iPad I just get the wheel going round and message connecting to tv. Eventually the app on the iPad gives up.   I have to turn it on with remote first and then it works on iPad

4 REPLIES 4

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi shamick59, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear that your TiVo box is running slow when trying to use the Control app. In order for the TiVo box to connect to the app, you’ll need to ensure you've connected the box to your Hub, as the app connects to your box over the internet. You'll also need to ensure your device is connected to the hub via WiFi.

Can you let us know the make and model of the device you're using along with any error messages you may also be getting so we can help further?

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Tavis75
Super solver

Have you tried the remote control option in the TV Control app? It is available under the "More" option and has standby button.

Although as the TiVo takes a long time to come on, it suggests that maybe you need to change the standby mode, there are options in settings on the main box that allow you to change that, with only some of them leaving the network connection active. I think the one you want would be "Connected fast start" or something like that.

Hi I’m not with the box for a few days so will reply when I am. However if I turn the box on manually I can then watch recorded programmes on my iPad. I just can’t turn the box on with my iPad. 

Hi I’m not with the box for a few days so will reply when I am.  Thank you