cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5 Strangeness ....

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hub 5 in modem mode and working well for some time.

However, yesterday noticed the PreRSErrors are bonkers on about 50% of the DS channels, and I mean 100's of millions !!  Nothing in the logs, nothing strange on the US and power levels etc all within spec.

Connection is still up and working as well.  I did a complete power off and on, and the errors rise very rapidly.

One to look out for if you have a Hub 5 perhaps ??

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hopefully some closure.  🙂

Tech visited and swapped out the Hub, so far no more PreRS silly numbers.  These would have been prevalent immediately on the old Hub, so fingers crossed..... 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

The key question is whether there is also a rapid build-up of Post RS Errors.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There are zero PostRS errors, but I believe the Hub 5 doesn’t report them anyway…. Another “feature” to add to the Hub 5 list 😊

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ahh ,just noticed the Hub 5 has had a firmware update yesterday.  It's now on LG-RDK_6.9.35-2302.6

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hope mine gets updated soon as I’m going away for 3 weeks and do not want any trouble while away.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I'm on LG-RDK_4.6.24-2206.7.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to update - 1129918709 PreRS errors is the highest at the moment, and that's after a reboot a couple of days ago.  Thousands of millions....  and that's similar for 50% of the DS channels.   I'm going to leave it and see how big they get before the Hub falls over with an overflow error or something   🙂

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Well it seems after about 5 - 6 days the Hub has finally caved in.  Needed a pinhole reset to bring it back to life. So, it's working back again in modem mode as usual, and I'm interested to see how long it lasts this time. The errors are still rising as usual.  Last reply from VM was "they can't see any issues with the circuit .... "

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hopefully some closure.  🙂

Tech visited and swapped out the Hub, so far no more PreRS silly numbers.  These would have been prevalent immediately on the old Hub, so fingers crossed.....