cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tvgo app wont play recordings

Nellyedmond
Tuning in

For the last couple of months the TV Go app has not played recordings.

It did use to, I'm not aware of any changes to my home set up or mobile since it last worked.

I can control the TV, set recordings, delete recordings, but it when i try play a recording  it loops for about 10 seconds then says I'm not on the same network. 

I've searched the forums, seen lots of people with similar issues over last year or two, bit never spotted a resolution. 

11 REPLIES 11

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

1) Make sure your device is on the SAME Wi-Fi network as the box you are trying to play from. If your device is using mobile data it won't work, as it's an external connection.

2) Make sure any kind of VPN installed on the device is turned off. Again this can lead to the content being sent external to your network, which is not allowed.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I'll definitely on the same home network and no VPN has ever been used, it did work, but hasn't for a month or two now.

Hi @Nellyedmond,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear of your recent issues with watching recordings via Virgin TV Go. Would you be able to confirm what device you're using the app on? Can you ensure that you have the latest version of the app and your device OS installed?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I can confirm I'm definitely on the latest versions. 

I'm on Samsung Galaxy S21Fe 

Thanks for coming back to us @Nellyedmond.

Can you please confirm if you've possibly been able to try using an alternative device - mobile phone or tablet?

We would need to rule out any possibility of the device you're using being the root cause of this issue, before any further action or diagnostics can take place.

Thanks,

David_Bn

I've just installed it for the first time on my wife's Samsung Galaxy S22 and exactly the same problem occurs.

Live TV works, but recordings won't play.

Hi @Nellyedmond 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us, apologies for the issues you are having with your TVGO app. Can I ask, does this occur on another device?

Thanks

Sabrina

I installed the app for the first time on my wife's phone this week to check, and exactly the same problem is occurring.