cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go app wont connect to virgin box

Adam_uk8
Joining in

Since yesterday the TV go app cannot connect to my Virgin box. 

Both the network connection on the Virgin box and my android device are running ok and on the same network, this problem occurred yesteday, my virgin box mode is on fast start.

Is anybody experiencing the same issues and can anybody help please.

11 REPLIES 11

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Adam_uk8, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with the TV Go connecting to your TV box. 

Can you please expand on the following?: 

• ➡ What are you trying to do when you get the error?
  • ➡ What is the make and model device you're using?
  • ➡ Do you find this is happening on all devices or just the one?
  • ➡ Do you get a different result when the box is in 'active mode' as opposed to 'fast start'?

Pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you very much. Please see answers below:

➡What are you trying to do when you get the error?

Not getting any error codes, the TV Go app wont connect to my virgin box at all ,

I used to be able to stream and watch shows from the TV Go app onto my TV by connecting the TV Go app to my virgin box, and even turn my virgin box ON/Off using the TV Go app... but now it wont work since yesterday.

➡ What is the make and model device you're using?

Samsung Galaxy S8+
running on android 9, i even tried using different devices, but still having the same issue (TV Go app wont connect to my virgin box)

➡ Do you find this is happening on all devices or just the one?

On all devices... This problem only occurred yesteday after the TV go app was down reported by everyone
(raised under ticket number F011037596)....Before that it was working ok.

➡ Do you get a different result when the box is in 'active mode' as opposed to 'fast start'?

NO

Thanks for your reply 😊

I've checked the ticket you provided and it does seem like the issue is now resolved on our end. Can you please try logging out of the devices then logging back in to see if this helps?

If not we may need to re raise this to the support team.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Thanks for responding

Uninstalled the TV GO app then installed it again & logged in but still having the same issue (TV Go app can not connect to my virgin box..!!!).

Channels are working fine on the TV Go app but when trying to connect to the virgin box or switch it off using the app, it wont work since yesterday...!

Never had this problem before..!

Thank you for trying Adam_uk8.

Have you tried this TV Go app on another device?

So I can look into this and further investigate, I will have to private message you.

Please watch out for the envelope ✉.

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Update:
Just tried conncting the TV Go app to my virgin box and it worked 😅👍

The problem seems to be solved from your end and its back working as normal now.

Thank you for your help and support

Hi Adam_uk8, 

That's great news, thanks for the update.

If you need anything else, you know where we are 😊

Beth

I'm having the same problem - my app reports my smartcard id is 2184364602, howver the tha CA ID from my box says its 218436460219

I am having same issues whenever I try to connect I’m told box is not connect to internet, I’ve checked several times with both Ethernet and Wi-Fi and it is connected.