cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports App login using VM credentials - Pin setup Error

Jumping_Jackson
Tuning in

Hi,

Not sure if this is the best Board for this query... I have been with VM for some years but recently added Sky Sports to my package. I can view live Sky Sports just fine on my TIVO box, and some live Sky Sports via web version of VMTVGO, and via mobile app version of VM TV Control... but some broadcasts you have to go to Sky Sports for and watch via the Sky Sports App or web page. I can get the webpage/desktop app working fine on my Mac computer but I cannot get logged into the mobile app. I use the VM button and put in my VM email and password fine but it then asks me to setup a 4 digit pin which I do but it gets stuck there. There should be a highlighted right pointing arrow but it is greyed out and not active so I cannot get further than this point. I have tried uninstalling the app a few times, also turned my phone off and rebooted, still stops at the same point.

Can anyone help with this query? It would be useful to have access to the Sky Sports mobile app.

Thanks,

Jacqueline.

4 REPLIES 4

NumorJ
Tuning in

I asked this same question a few days ago and had a few responses asking for more information but no solution yet 🙄

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Jumping_Jackson 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums and welcome back.

I am so sorry that you have faced these issues with your service and thank you again for posting. Can I ask if you have been able to try this on another mobile device at all?

Are you able to share a screenshot of the page where the freezing happens?

Hello, Thank you for  responding to my post.  All my devices at home are Apple (MacMini, IPhone14, IPad Pro). I had been able to watch Sky Live via my Mac and the desktop app but not on my iPhone or iPad. Login failed always at the point where I have clicked on the VM logo, entered both email and password correctly, then got to the setup a Pin page - at the pin page is where things would go wrong. It never accepted any pin so you couldn't proceed.

However, today I also set Sky up on my work laptop along with the Sky desktop app which is a PC rather than a Mac. During logging in for the first time it asked me for a Pin and this time it accepted it via the PC. I was then able to watch live Sky Sports on my work laptop. Since doing this earlier today I have gone to retry my mobile devices and I am happy to say I am now able to log into the Sky Sports app on both my iPhone and iPad. It no longer asks me for a pin so after entering my VM logging email and password it immediately went to the live programme I had selected.

Could be a coincidence but it seems more likely that there's an issue with the SkySports mobile app, and definitely for Apple devices. Definitely worth investigating.

Thanks again. Hopefully the information I have provided is useful and can help others.

Best regards,

Jacqueline

Hi @Jumping_Jackson thanks for getting back to us.

And thanks for updating us that you've managed to resolve your Sky Sports App issue.  We're really pleased to hear this.  We'll certainly pass on your feedback regarding this matter.  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Please bear in mind, you can manage your account from here. Your online account, will give you access to your bills, show your package details, diagnose any possible faults and monitor any orders and appointments you may have.  And for TV Go help/tips, please see here.
Regards
Lee_R