cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Safe Parental Control Not Working

abraham12
Tuning in

Hi,

I've noticed the VM web safe is not working properly. It is turned on but it is not blocking websites. I tried rebooting the router and turning on and off the web safe. 

I checked my network status on https://1.1.1.1/ :

Debug Information

Connected to 1.1.1.1No
Using DNS over HTTPS (DoH)No
Using DNS over TLS (DoT)No
Using DNS over WARPNo
AS NameVirgin Media
AS Number5089
Cloudflare Data CenterMAN

Connectivity to Resolver IP Addresses

1.1.1.1Yes
1.0.0.1Yes

My DNS are configured as follows:

Primary: 194.168.4.100

Secondary: 194.168.8.100

The VM Hub is in modem mode and I'm using a third party router for WiFi. I used to get email alerts when the web safe is turned off and on, but not this time. Web safe was working fine on all devices here few days back too. Not sure if this is a backend problem for VM team to look at.

Would be helpful if someone could advise.

9 REPLIES 9

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @abraham12 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel

Hello, I'm facing the same issue, no websites are being filtered, web safe is turned on. Could you please advise?

Many thanks 

Hi @Ged6 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Very sorry to hear Websafe filtering is not working - is there any VPN on the device or anything or on the browser you're using?

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John, no VPN is in use, tried also on multiple devices, web safe doesn't work on any of them. Did the 1.1.1.1 check, the AS name showing is Virgin media

Hi @Ged6 

Thanks for coming back to me.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

moretym
Joining in

I have the exact same problem, tried also on multiple devices, web safe doesn't work on any of them. Did the 1.1.1.1 check, the AS name showing is Virgin media buisness 

Hi moretym,

Thanks for coming back to us in the Community. 

I can see you're already in a private message with my colleague so we'll leave this with them to avoid multiple agents working on the same thing 🙂 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

abraham12
Tuning in

I'm still having this same issue. Restarted VM Hub but no use. Turned web safe on and off but no use!

Debug Information

Connected to 1.1.1.1No
Using DNS over WARPNo
AS NameVirgin Media
AS Number5089

abraham12
Tuning in

I'm still having this same issue. Factory reset my VM Hub but no use. Turned web safe on and off but no use!

Debug Information

Connected to 1.1.1.1No
Using DNS over WARPNo
AS NameVirgin Media
AS Number5089