Websafe

Daisybanks123
Joining in

My websafe isn't working 

10 REPLIES 10

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What AS Name value is shown when viewing https://1.1.1.1/help?

What happens when visiting the following site: http://protonvpn.com?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Daisybanks123,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Sincere apoklogies for any issues faced with websafe, to clarify are all categories not working at all?

Let us know,

Kain

shalliwait4u
Settling in

Hi 

My WebSafe is NOT working - could you please help?

I have called the customer services - where they have disabled it for the time being.

when I try to reinstate it to ON - all those unwanted websites are still loading.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

are you using VM DNS

What Is My DNS Server? Check Your DNS Server Address (top10vpn.com)

VM system is down for WebSafe but you can change your DNS per device to 1.1.1.3 and 1.0.0.3

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for a quick reply....

I have around 7-10 different devices that could use wifi - are you expecting me to change DNS for every device @legacy1 - 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

yes until VM come up with a better way or you can put hub in modem mode and get your own router with 1Gb ports

Re: How VM can fix web safe for router mode - Virgin Media Community - 5482089

can you please elaborate on this concept of getting a own router please?

I question your right to be using the internet that you don't understand what I said.

I'm guessing your young and didn't use dial up then ISP gave you a modem over cable which the hub has and a very (in the extreme) user friendly router so called hub the hub can be turned to a modem called modem mode but back to when ISP give you just a modem you would use it to a PC but then you need more things which to not go into it much a router which you connect to the modem and then it all worked. Then ways of doing things happened and ISP make the internet harder and you only understand that the hub gives you internet there by your question.

So get something like this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-Dual-Band-Advanced-security-configure/dp/B0937B8TMB/ref=sr_1_10?key...

1aTTack.de 1m - Cat6 Lan Ethernet Cable Patch Network Cat 6 1000 Mbit/s RJ45 Plug Internet for TV Co...

and a short cable to WAN port on that router to hub and change hub to modem mode then you can set DNS to use 1.1.1.3 and 1.0.0.3

Thanks Legacy...

i am no longer young (wish I was) - and in answer to your first statement, I have used dial-up with AOL then in those days....

I am definitely not a geek - its just that I connect to wifi and use it .... lol

I will try this.... Thanks