cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child Safe not working

Wyble89
Joining in

Child Safe set to On but not blocking any websites, this used to be working but isn't anymore. Have turned setting off and back on again but no change. Factory Reset hub but again no change. This is a fundamental service that Virgin Media are failing to provide, apparently for a fair few people. Need this resolving ASAP!!

9 REPLIES 9

Client62
Legend

For Child Save to work the devices must be using the residential VM DNS.

Child Safe & Web Safe can easily be bypassed with a Public DNS, Web Proxy,  Apple Relay or a VPN.

Wyble89
Joining in

Thanks, this has been tried on multiple devices, the devices aren't using any external DNS, Proxy, or VPN service.

Client62
Legend

For well over 12 months customers have been complaining the Child Safe management was not functioning correctly.

Just look at the forum section  :   Stay safe online >>> Switched On Families

Perhaps it is time to look at the service like OpenDNS and to consider if that could help where VM clearly don't have the ability to get their act together.

https://support.opendns.com/hc/en-us/articles/228007127-FamilyShield-Computer-Configuration-Instruct...

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From any device affected by this issue, what value is shown for AS Name here 1.1.1.1 — the Internet’s Fastest, Privacy-First DNS Resolver?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

It is Virgin Media

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Wyble89 wrote:

It is Virgin Media

The forum team are best placed to help further and the issue has been flagged to them.

Hi @Wyble89 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your Websafe. We can understand your concern and the inconvenience caused. I can see you were very recently in contact with a member of our team regarding this issue and an IT ticket has been raised for you. Our team will work on a resolution for you and will aim to get in contact with you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Unfortunately I have had no response to this apparent ticket which has been raised. It might be working but no confirmation on the issue, why it stopped working, what has been done to correct. I need to be able to rely on this service. 

Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

Sometimes with an IT ticket you may get an email / call back / SMS when it has been completed, it can take up to 5 working days sometimes a little longer.

Please try a website which wasn't working before and let me know if it has been fixed. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?