cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child safe not working

Ashywashy
Joining in

Child safe is not working even though it is turned on adult sites can still be accessed. Please help !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you using Private Relay on the iOS device by any chance ?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

dexter36
Joining in

I also have the same problem I posted yesterday and got no reply 

BS468
Settling in

I have the same problem. I have actually turned on child safe only 4 days ago. Never used it before. I noticed that it isn't working since 2 days. Checking upon previous posts, I have reset the router and tried all basic solutions. Still, no luck. As always, bad experiences with Virgin Media !

VGB9000
Tuning in

Same here unfortunately. There's approximately 100 posts on this in the past few months and the call centres dont have a clue. The Virgin Team will need to reach out to you directly. This is not a good look for Virgin Media especially with the increase scrutiny from the UK government regarding online child safety!!

Edb123
Joining in

Is your problem confined to Apple products only? If so have you tried turning off Advance Tracking and Finger Print Protection? 

Thanks. How do I do that as we do have some apple products.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Whilst waiting for VM to fix this, manually set the DNS on your problem devices to 1.1.1.3 and 1.0.0.3

Those are the Cloudflare Adult and Malware filtering DNS servers.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks but that’s not working on iPhone iOS.

However I am not having this problem on Google Chrome (haven’t tried other browsers)

so I think this is an iOS / Apple issue and VM

serenity_197
Tuning in

mine isnt working either....help!

Hi all and to @Ashywashy 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have all been experiencing this issue, we are aware a wider issue currently effecting child safe and we have raised this with our teams. As soon as we have an update we will let you all know.