cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Power Level Issue?

muffintastic
Superfast

Hello,

Over the past couple of week I've noticed my mum-in-laws power levels all over the place, well, I'm not sure if there is a problem with her connection.

I've done a check online and using 'Test my Hub' reports no issues at all, she's not experiencing slow downs with her service at all, because I am running it in modem mode and using my own router which isn't the problem so please don't say it is that.

Here are some screenshots.

muffintastic_0-1689957071155.png

muffintastic_1-1689957094166.png

muffintastic_2-1689957123270.png

muffintastic_3-1689957157877.png

muffintastic_4-1689957177958.png

muffintastic_5-1689957204318.png

muffintastic_6-1689957238974.png

Would it be suffice to say she has a problem? She does have the old legacy "SuperHub 3" so could it be an issue with that? I will look forward to some clear cut answers.

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Muffintastic 😁 

I've taken a look at your Mum-In-Law's Hub stats on my side and can see that everyone's hunch is correct - They are indeed out of spec! 

This means an engineer will need to be booked to being them back into line. 

I'll PM you with the next available date & time now 🤗👨‍🔧

Thanks,

Megan_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Downstream power levels are far too low, expected range should be -6 to +10.  If there is an attenuator fitted, try removing it and see what the power levels go to.  The Hub 3 is fine and is still used by VM.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

No attenuator is fitted, and never installed or needed one when VM first installed it. Just worked as is but over the past few weeks it's been dropping gradually. So, it's an engineer call out?

P.S Many engineers are always moaning about the SH3 and say it's not fit for purpose so I don't know why VM still insist bundling it with new installs. 🤣

muffintastic
Superfast

Also to add, I upgraded her broadband to the M500, we've got the download but the upload hasn't been updated even though as advertised.The router or "Hub" has been put back into 'Routing' mode hasn't made a blind bit of difference still hardcoded to the previous rate when she was on M350.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need a technician’s visit to rectify. My bet is on a cabinet fault. By the way it’s not a SuperHub, it’s a Hub3.

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended as it only covers issues that affect a very large number of customers.

VM will not dispatch any technicians while an area fault exists.

If no area faults found:

The primary place to report faults or for service requests is Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi Tudor, thanks for your input. I have checked via down to postcode level using that number and it reports back there isn't any issues in her area at all.

Edit, yes, sorry, I know it's not a 'SuperHub' I maintain that many family members on VM I get confused. 🤣

Also, I've put the router or "Hub" back into router mode and still the same power levels are low, I've also tried to see if the router would pick up the new profile for the upload but it's a no go.

Just to edit this new contract was done online (upgraded from her expiring one), the new download profile has been updated but not the upload side so should've updated correctly, yes, I selected the correct one as advertised "M500 and 52 upload"

Hi Muffintastic,

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your Mother-In-Law's broadband looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing you both some frustration 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you!

I can see that you've got quite a lot of help from our VIP's, thank you @Adduxi & @Tudor 😊 

It certainly seems like we need to look into your power levels as a root cause, so I'll send you a private message now so we can get your In-Law's details. 

Speak soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Muffintastic 😁 

I've taken a look at your Mum-In-Law's Hub stats on my side and can see that everyone's hunch is correct - They are indeed out of spec! 

This means an engineer will need to be booked to being them back into line. 

I'll PM you with the next available date & time now 🤗👨‍🔧

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Muffintastic,

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM's, I was able to book an engineer for this week 🤗👨‍🔧

If you need to check, change or cancel the appointment you can either wait for me to get back to you, or you can do this yourself (with the account holder's permission) via the Online Account under "orders". 

Please do let us know how the visit goes! 

If you find you need a little more help after the visit, we're still here for you 😊

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Muffintastic,

Thanks for giving me the good news in our PM's, I'm happy to hear that the engineer visit rectified the issue 👨‍🔧

It was a pleasure helping you, please come back to us here on the Community Forums if you need any further help!

We're always here for you 🤗

Thanks,

Megan_L