cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Upload Speed Provisioned

antbates91
Joining in

I'm on the 1Gig package, which is advertised as 104Mb upload speed, however my router is capped at 50Mb and 4 upload channels instead of 6. The area has at least 10 channels as shown by the config below.

Can someone get in touch to correct the provisioning. I've tried over the phone, whatsapp etc but the agents keep saying 50Mb is the correct upload speed when according to my contract the expected speed is at least 62Mb up.

3.0 Upstream channels

Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) Symbol Rate (ksps) Modulation Channel ID
06030000034.35120QAM 641
13940000034.55120QAM 644
23260000034.55120QAM 649
32360000034.85120QAM 6410

3.0 Upstream channels

Channel Channel Type T1 Timeouts T2 Timeouts T3 Timeouts T4 Timeouts
0ATDMA0000
1ATDMA0000
2ATDMA0000
3ATDMA0010

General Configuration

Network accessMaximum Number of CPEsBaseline PrivacyDOCSIS ModeConfig file
Allowed
Enabled
cmreg-vmdg660-bbt076-b.cm

Primary Downstream Service Flow

SFIDMax Traffic RateMax Traffic BurstMin Traffic Rate
1230000450 bps
42600bytes
0 bps

Primary Upstream Service Flow

SFIDMax Traffic RateMax Traffic BurstMin Traffic RateMax Concatenated BurstScheduling Type
55000270 bps
42600bytes
0 bps
42600bytes
Best Effort
7 REPLIES 7

Client62
Legend

This is a rollout planned to complete by the end of this year.  

Our RFoG connection increased from four to five US channels last week, that is barely enough for a single customer to run at 104 Mb/s !

They don't say that anywhere on their website when you order so that is really bad.

I guess why I'm waiting for my area to be enabled I'll report them to the ASA. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From the VM website ;

Upload Speeds
Advertised Speed: 104 Mbps
Expected Speed Range: 69 - 104 Mbps

You may or may not get anywhere with your complaint. As you are only provisioned for 55Mb, it looks as if your area is not fully upgraded as yet.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Client62
Legend

https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/need-for-speed-virgin-media-o2-is-boosting-upload-speeds-for-millio...

Notes to editors:

• As a result of this move, Virgin Media O2’s customers will be benefitting from the latest DOCSIS 3.1 Technology which is capable of delivering the faster upload speeds across 100% of the network by the end of this year (i.e. 2023).

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @antbates91,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy with your current upload speeds. As I can see has been explained by other community members earlier in this thread, we are gradually rolling out an upgrade to increase the upload speeds, but from you've explained your speeds appear to be in spec until this is rolled out in your area. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Let us know if there's anything more that we can help you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Do you have a timeframe for this upgrade being done in my area? You said by the end of 2023 and we are nearly there.

If not, as you've broken the advertised speeds in your own contract can I exit penalty free? 55Mb is lower than the expected of 69 -104. You are failing to provide the stated service. I'll go elsewhere to someone else who doesn't falsely advertise services to customers.

Thank you for popping back to us @antbates91 we do not have an time frame for this to be completed at this moment but we will inform customers as soon as there is an update.

You can raise a complaint with us to discuss exiting your package if you are unhappy, you can do this online here or if you would like us to raise one with you just pop back to the forums and let us know and we will be happy to do so.