cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1GiG Upload speed increased?

terinsuke
Joining in

In recent weeks gone by I heard some virgin home customers said they had an upload speed increase that had the hub5 to 100Mbps , do you all still have it ? And have anyone else recently saw there upload speed increase that's on 1gig internet speed. As I'm still on 52Mbps upload speed.

9 REPLIES 9

Blueyonderer
Up to speed

I'm on the 1Gb package and I'm getting slightly in excess of 100Mb uploads. I a speedtest last night which showed 1154Mb down and 105Mbps up.

Screenshot 2023-10-25 225043.png

grove39
Fibre optic

I'm supposed to get 104 but due to a secret fault that nobody wants to fix in my area i'm lucky if i get 30. Also get pings of up to 1500.

I think it gets shared and it just isn't your turn yet.

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi terinsuke, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

Not all areas are covered and when available you will be automatically upgraded, you should receive an email when this is done. 

Chris. 

SpookyElectric1
On our wavelength

I was under the impression everyone's upload was going to be upgraded by the end of the year. With only eight weeks left now (and, let's be honest, nothing will happen in the last week of December) how likely is it that target's going to be reached? We're still on 52Mbps upload speed here on a 1Gbps package. (Area 20, RH15).

Hey SpookyElectric1,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
The aim is still for all customers uploads speeds to  be upgraded by the end of the year and we haven't heard anything to say that this has changed, you should have the upgraded upload speed by the end of the year 👍

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

89537kay3
Dialled in

Just to chime in on the above, i got an email randomly one day saying i got it now too. 1150Mbps down and 105Mbps upload is normal for 1Gig package.

64ff1b3c11bdb6184abc33c3aefff1dc

I do not work for VM. Qualified IT Technician. Virgin Volt Bundle - 1Gig, Hub 5 Modem Mode & ASUS GT-AXE16000, 2x Tivo V6's. VM customer for over 6 years.

PaulR66
Tuning in

I am still waiting in the BR8 area. Had an engineer round and he said maybe October, that's come and gone and still no sign of the upgrade even though my account says 104Mbs.

Hi PaulR66,

Thanks for posting, so I can check this for you I've popped you over a private message to get a few more details from you.

Alex_Rm

Still no sign. Time’s running out…! 😉