cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fluctuating upload speeds!

Rnash2002
Tuning in

So as title says, i have had the 1gig package around 2 months now and all was fine.

Over the last 2 weeks i have had very bad upload speed, its just seems to fluctuate, on a speed test it will go upto 105mbps but then start to drop like a brick.

Im on pc with an ethernet cable but it also does it on my xbox with cable and also my mobile phone via wifi so its not just the 1 device.

Have phoned Virgin they monitored the line for 24h and came back with no problem, its starting to annoy me now as i stream in 1440p so need the upload speed, download speed have been fine.

Have reset hub and all that and still the same!

33 REPLIES 33

carl_pearce
Community elder

Create a BQM here and post the live link.

Client62
Legend

Stream 1440p to which platform & at what bit rate ?

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

You will stream better to like twitch at 1080p 2500kps for those with 1080p monitors and it upscales well if you upload stream at 1440p anyone with 1080p will not see it as sharp for some reason

---------------------------------------------------------------

@legacy1 wrote:

You will stream better to like twitch at 1080p 2500kps for those with 1080p monitors and it upscales well if you upload stream at 1440p anyone with 1080p will not see it as sharp for some reason

It's not the stream rate at question here, it's the fact that 105mbps upload should be more than sufficient regardless.

Well yes I was just pointing out some extra info I tested.

Test hub in modem mode

@legacy1 wrote:

Well yes I was just pointing out some extra info I tested.

Test hub in modem mode

What will testing in modem mode achieve?

If VM NAT is causing problems

@legacy1 wrote:

If VM NAT is causing problems

In what way?

You need to explain what you are talking about, not spirt out random 'ideas' that aren't any help to anyone.

Your responses end up causing more confusion than help.