cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Issue ML3

lawrmc
Joining in

Morning.

Anyone else affected by a service issue in ML3 region? We've had performance issues for days now, sporadic and mostly upload when we run a speedtest.

Its making working from home impossible. VM Service on app and portal states no issues until you run a fix my broadband. Then shows status below. 

We have Volt M350.

Looks like there are issues in your postcode affecting your services

There’s a broadband issue in your area and our technicians are on the case to fix things. Check back here at any time for updates.

8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I have, yes thanks.
Engineers working on it but due to it being complex issue taking longer than expected etc etc

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hope it not like this one....😎

VM Cable being repaired.png

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

🤣

Unfortunately, still intermittent on the upload speeds.

Hi @lawrmc 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

Very sorry to hear of the upload speed issues.

I've done a background check for you here and can see you are affected by an SNR issue (signal to noise ratio).

F011116744 - fault reference.

The estimated fix date is the 2nd January which indicates the issue is more complex to fix than first expected.

Hopefully all fixed sooner for you but do pop back if still having issues after this date and we'll be more than happy to help.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for the update.

Still issues in the area it seems. Saw a communication that some upgrade work is due on 11th. Will see what happens with that. As the majority of my household work from home, it's getting unusable.

lawrmc_0-1704704901146.png

Hi lawrmc, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're still having issues. Taking a look at things this end, it looks as though the fault is still open. The new estimated fix time is showing as 15 JAN 2024 12:00. 

The outage is an SNR outage - SNR (signal to noise ratio). This is just a technical term for interference of the Broadband signal caused by noise which ingresses on to our network. It's a difficult problem to locate and diagnose. This is because noise can ingress anywhere on our network. As a general rule it's normally caused by customer equipment e.g. loose connections or 3rd party equipment attached to our network. However it can also be attributable to local architecture, e.g street cabinets, cabling or at the origin of the signal which we call the Headend (servers/routing system). The only way to establish where the noise is originating is for the Network Techs to run a series of trace routes. Once found then the cause dictates he amount of work required and the time frame for resolution. 

Check back in with us after the 15th and we can provide a new update for you. 

Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs