cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else had the 1gig Upload Speed boost yet?

gulax99
Joining in

Saw a few posts on here and the VM Community page saying they were receiving boosted upload speeds on 1gig, later confirmed by Community Staff that they are implementing upload speed boosts but have no set plan in place for it. So I'm just wondering if they're still rolling it out...slowly lol

6 REPLIES 6

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

Also on 1 gig, don't have the 100 upload be nice to know roll out but I doubt they'll tell us as everyone be complaining 

Indeed, damned if they do and damned if they don't!

Announce a timetable for roll outs and some will be complaining about how comes 'area A' is done next week but my 'area B' is scheduled for three months - I'm paying the same, that's disgusting.......'

or if an advertised roll out gets delayed because of unforeseen circumstances, you'll have 'typical VM, can't trust anything they say.....'

Client62
Legend

So far I have seen less than 10 confirmed cases of 100 Mb/s on the upstream of a Gig 1 connection.

prt32
Superfast

Could be just those that were in the trials for it? as not seen many posts about the 100mb upload.

Timwilky
Fibre optic

It would be nice if they permitted us to also download at the 1150Mb they claim to to deliver. But no they say hub 4 is good enough and that can only deliver about 940Mb

Hub4/Gig1-> pfSense->Microtik CRS312/CSS326/CRS305->Meshed Asus RT-AX89X
VM Network - Timwilky

The Hub4 can download more than 940Mb but each Ethernet ports can not deliver 940Mb on it's own.

You need a Hub5 which has a 2.5Gb port.

@Timwilky wrote:

It would be nice if they permitted us to also download at the 1150Mb they claim to to deliver. But no they say hub 4 is good enough and that can only deliver about 940Mb

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5