cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Child Safe not blocking

GFM17
Joining in

Hi

i am having exactly the same issue. Adult content used to be blocked and now none of it is blocked. When I run the the connection information I get this info :

IMG_3292.png

6 REPLIES 6

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The screenshot suggests that you are using Cloudflare as your DNS provider.  VM child safe only works if you are using the VM DNS servers.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi

can you please advise how I change this?

I have not changed any settings (I believe)

the only recent change as installation of some VM WiFi PODS

thanks so much for all help!

Gareth

asim18
Fibre optic

Does it only happen on one device? Or all devices.

If it's just your iPhone it may be because you have the CloudFlare app installed... https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/1-1-1-1-faster-internet/id1423538627

Look in the WiFi settings, find your WiFi name, then look for an option called DNS.

Virgin's default DNS servers are:

194.168.4.100 and 194.168.8.100

I’ve checked other devices and it’s only my phone. Although I do not have the app installed on this device 

Hi GFM17

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

We are sorry to hear about the issues you are having with web safe.

We will send you a private message now so we can check this is all active on our side.

Please look out for the envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Cloudflare have the equivalent to Childsafe if you use their servers, 1.1.1.3 an 1.0.0.3

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2