cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOT LOGGED OUT

ALF28
Super solver

When I logged out of my VM email (webmail) there was a warning notice as below-

i checked all browsers on my laptops and could not see any reason???

Sign Off Error
Logging off for all sites did not succeed. To complete the logoff process, we recommend that you close all of your browser windows.
Local Authority: oauth.virginmedia.com

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @ALF28 👋 Welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

This certainly is a strange one 🤔 Just to confirm, have you had any other browsers open that have been logged into your webmail at the same time? I'd recommend clearing your browser cookies and cache to see if this helps.

Let us know if this does indeed resolve this. If you need anything further, let us know. We're always happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @ALF28 👋 Welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

This certainly is a strange one 🤔 Just to confirm, have you had any other browsers open that have been logged into your webmail at the same time? I'd recommend clearing your browser cookies and cache to see if this helps.

Let us know if this does indeed resolve this. If you need anything further, let us know. We're always happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Thanks, I have cleaned my browser cookies and cache in edge, and today the webmail is logging out properly, so solved.

I do sometimes use an email client but I checked and there were no sessions active.

I note then when I reply to the previous post sometimes it duplicates the previous post ( by Nathan_B) which then shows twice, I have had that happen before?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

One of the 'features' of the revised forum is that the 'accepted solution' gets pinned immediately under the first post. When the accepted solution also happens to be the second post of the topic, the topic ends up with a first post, followed by two identical posts. Is that what you are referring to?

I also have noted that making a reply to a post part way through a topic, the reply appears immediately under the replied-to post to begin with, when posted, but later on joins the end of the topic if the page is refreshed. Not particularly normal behaviour and a bit confusing until you realise what is going on.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ALF28 

The apparent duplicate post seems to be a feature of marking a post as a solution which promotes the solution to the top of the replies.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ALF28,

Thanks for coming back to us and for updating the thread! Glad to hear that you've been able to resolve this issue with the help or our colleague!

If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know. We're here if you need us. 😊

Thank you! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

ALF28
Super solver

15/02/2024

Sign Off Error
Logging off for all sites did not succeed. To complete the logoff process, we recommend that you close all of your browser windows.
Local Authority: oauth.virginmedia.com

I have had this again-not logged out message after logging out of my VM email, so I changed my password and app password which was not easy as it took several goes and kept cancelling, but it did fix the problem of not logging out properly, so solved.
At one stage it indicated the email had changed which was incorrect, only the password was changed.
I also cleared the browsing history in case that was the problem. It was behaving as if there was two logins open, perhaps a browser crash may have caused the issue, but still unusual and last occurred in august 2023 so is rare.
However I also had a blackmail email "sent from my own VM email address", probably spoofed and from an IP address belonging to Vodaphone Bulgaria and other spam emails in some cases from known  contacts but with unknown sender email addresses as if the spammer may have knowledge of my contacts and emails.
I regarded this as  warning something was not correct, but the account was secure and I have now updated all security so no further action needed.