cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check door to door caller genuine?

Jaydigriz
Joining in

Contacted at door by Virgin sales rep, full kit is and Virgin marked vehicle so presume genuine. 

However concerned at giving details dealing in person gave contact details would think about it and was left with card.

card however has Vimeo code that didn’t work and only a mobile number rather than Virgin contact number.

i know virgin do have field sales reps, our area recently upgraded and I belog his US probably genuine but how do you actually check. Called virgin broadband sales and they couldn’t tell me but said would call back.

Must be done way of checking validity ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jaydigriz wrote:

Must be done (some) way of checking validity ?

Various posters have raised exactly that question after being contacted by a VM field sales representative

One of the Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum) can always check that out for you.. One of them will contact you via this thread in the next day or so, however as we are in the long holiday weekend it could take a bit longer than usual for them to contact you.

However, even if that person was genuine I would still give a word of warning.

There have been a number of posts on this forum from people who have found that a special deal or offer made by a VM field rep somehow fails to actually appear on the bill they eventually receive.

Also, if there is an issue, say with a delay with your VM installation there does sometimes seem to be difficulties when you go direct to VM customer services to get things sorted.

Such issues could be due to poor communication between the VM reps in the field and the relevant VM teams back in the office or possibly because the sales guys' main concern is making a sale rather than making sure the customer is totally satisfied once their VM package is up and running.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jaydigriz wrote:

Must be done (some) way of checking validity ?

Various posters have raised exactly that question after being contacted by a VM field sales representative

One of the Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum) can always check that out for you.. One of them will contact you via this thread in the next day or so, however as we are in the long holiday weekend it could take a bit longer than usual for them to contact you.

However, even if that person was genuine I would still give a word of warning.

There have been a number of posts on this forum from people who have found that a special deal or offer made by a VM field rep somehow fails to actually appear on the bill they eventually receive.

Also, if there is an issue, say with a delay with your VM installation there does sometimes seem to be difficulties when you go direct to VM customer services to get things sorted.

Such issues could be due to poor communication between the VM reps in the field and the relevant VM teams back in the office or possibly because the sales guys' main concern is making a sale rather than making sure the customer is totally satisfied once their VM package is up and running.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jaydigriz,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Apologies for any uncertainty with our sales rep, so we can investigate this for you I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

Hello Kain

Can I check a door to door caller as well?  I've set up a meeting tomorrow (15 Jun) afternoon, so it's short notice!

Thanks,   Frank Chambers

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey frankchambers, thanks for the reply and sorry for the slow responses as I can see the door caller should have visited yesterday or today 16/6?

As Kain is already looking into this for you are you we'd advise to message them back privately and check this one out - however please let us know how things went and if you've spoken with the sales person so far?

Let us know how you get on and if you need more help, cheers.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

richmcla
Joining in

Hi, I also need to check if a door caller was genuine. I've signed up to receive tv and broadband, and given over personal details in the process and am apparently supposed to wait for an email. Having thought about it I'm now concerned!

Hi @richmcla 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear of your concerns. Do you have your paperwork copy and if so, can you provide the salesman/employee ID and I'll check the systems at our side. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi @Carley_S I'm afraid I don't have a paperwork copy, I just have a virgin media card with this name and mobile number.

Thanks for getting back to me @richmcla 

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message @richmcla 

Glad we were able to get this all confirmed for you today to ease any doubt you may have had. 

Once you have your account all set up at our side, please let us know if you have any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Carley